Star Wars Episode 3 Trailer
Mar 12, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #31 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddball
I just carry the [size=xx-small]tiny hope in my mind that it'll be a good movie.[/size]

that was so poignant, right-on, and perfecto that i think i'll actually shut up now. that deserves a hearty chucle.

ps: like i said; going to see this film w/out being heavily intoxicated (take the bus) is inviting disastor
eek.gif

Mar 12, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
like i said; going to see this film w/out being heavily intoxicated (take the bus) is inviting disastor
eek.gif

Whatever happened to creativity?
My dream Star Wars summer would be:
A truly dark episode III that would really show the evil of the Sith; followed by, three months later a new, final episode seven that puts the Jedi and the Sith's descendants in a new, continuing battle.
Oh well perchance to dream...
redface.gif

Mar 12, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #33 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
Could Revenge of the Sith surpass Return of the Jedi
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Hm, I had not thought of that. I never even considered that Episode III could possibly be better than IV and V, but VI wasn't so good that it could not be surpased.

Some1x, thank you, you have given me a new hope.

[size=xx-small]Hehehe...[/size]

Mar 12, 2005 at 3:24 PM Post #34 of 52
Quote:

The rating MUST be higher than PG and there must be NO HUMOR to get my satisfaction immediately. The reason is because the drama and horrors this movie needs to produce can not possibly be suitable for a PG rating. Lucas better not cut the movie as much as he did the others.

There was a report that in the script Yoda FARTS in the movie -- I don't know how credible this is, but if it were true... I'd be so pissed if I saw it!

What a great moment that would be.

actually, I wouldn't mind a little humor, as the last one was so... dank/sour? Didn't have the sharp pizazz that the original trilogy had. Can't wait to see Haydn Christensen spewing out ridiculous lines like: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here
everything's soft, and smooth" or ""I truly deeply love you, and before we die I want you to know." can anyone say, CHEESE
icon10.gif

Maybe I should bring along an ety and an iPod to the theater, just in case I might have to suffer through any more of those horrific lines.

Mar 12, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #35 of 52
well from the trailers he seems to be doing more "looking pissed off while wearing a hood" than talking... which would be great but we know there has to be at least one horrible line somewhere

Mar 12, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #36 of 52
How does the torrent file work... or download?

/on a mac...

/knows nothing about bit torrent...

Mar 12, 2005 at 9:49 PM Post #37 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
How does the torrent file work... or download?

/on a mac...

/knows nothing about bit torrent...

Just download the Bittorrent program for OS X here:
http://www.bittorrent.com/
It's a nice, simple Cocoa app. After you install it, whenever you see a ".torrent" link, save it to your desktop using your web browser, then just double-click the file. Bittorrent will start and download the file for you. Bittorrent pulls chunks of files from various other people simultaneously, then reassembles them transparently for you. The net result is faster downloads.

Mar 13, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
It's a nice, simple Cocoa app. After you install it, whenever you see a ".torrent" link, save it to your desktop using your web browser, then just double-click the file. Bittorrent will start and download the file for you. Bittorrent pulls chunks of files from various other people simultaneously, then reassembles them transparently for you. The net result is faster downloads.

under ideal conditions but it's common to have a torrent go slower than a normal download off a good server though things like the trailer tend to have plenty of seeds just make sure that if the option is there to limit your upload while downloading

Mar 13, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #39 of 52
hello fellow star wars addicts!!
600smile.gif

i jsut watched the trailer and... HALY SH1T i gotta go check my underwear... i cant breathe!!! the trailer is definately breathtaking!!

and for all ya addicts, tune in tomorrow at 7pm EST on CBS for 60 munutes with george lucas!! mroe info here: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in679325.shtml

Mar 13, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #40 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy

Worked like a charm. Downloaded it in about 5 minutes.

Mar 21, 2005 at 9:44 PM Post #41 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
Do I still have enough energy and patients left to attend the last Star Wars movie?
frown.gif
I know I'm not the only one that was greatly disappointed by episodes 1 and 2, and now i'm really wondering if I want to go see the last movie in theaters or wait until it comes out on DVD.....
confused.gif

I concur; Why couldn't Mr. Lucus make 1 & 2 as good as 3 appears to be. In addition Lucus should just make the movies rated R. The more violence the better! It allows the director to create without boundries.

Mar 22, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #42 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi
I concur; Why couldn't Mr. Lucus make 1 & 2 as good as 3 appears to be. In addition Lucus should just make the movies rated R. The more violence the better! It allows the director to create without boundries.

He probably doesn’t think that the movie needs R rated violence, sex, or language.

While I do think that sometimes directors hold back on violence so that their movie can have a larger potential audience, I do not think that Episode III needs an R rating to be good. More illicit material would directly effect how I would interpret the movie and its message, and I think that Lucas can best convey his message with a PG13 rating.

Mar 22, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #44 of 52
When the trailer came out for TPM, I thought, "Wow, that looks like it's going to be a really cool movie."

Then when the trailer came out for AotC, I thought, "Wow, that looks like it's going to be a really cool movie."

I saw the trailer for RotS on Sunday (I saw Robots). I thought, "Wow, that looks like it's going to be a really cool movie."

I'm afraid that there's a pattern developing...

-Drew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back