Star Wars Episode 3 Trailer
Mar 11, 2005 at 4:02 PM Post #16 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry
A friend who is a Star Wars fan and former Lucas employee said that the Vanity Fair article said HE would not do the other three planned, which he interpreted to mean that Lucas himself would not helm the projects, but that he would allow others to do the films.

honestly i dont think they should make any others. because any sequels (7-8-9) would SUCK without the original actors for luke, leia, han, etc. and all of those guys are getting a bit long in the tooth for the appropriate storyline.

Mar 11, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #18 of 52
Do I still have enough energy and patients left to attend the last Star Wars movie?
frown.gif
I know I'm not the only one that was greatly disappointed by episodes 1 and 2, and now i'm really wondering if I want to go see the last movie in theaters or wait until it comes out on DVD.....
confused.gif

Mar 11, 2005 at 5:34 PM Post #20 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
Here's another link:

AVI Version - SW3 Trailer

Quicktime Version - SW3 Trailer

That, my friend, is the teaser trailer.

Re: this surpassing Return of the Jedi: highly doubtful, particularly if it follows in the veins of Episodes I and II.

Re: Episodes VII-IX, apparently Lucas had some of his employees sign a non-disclosure agreement to keep them tight lipped on it, but he still claims hes not going to make them. This is a good thing, after seeing Episodes I and II, to my eyes. For example, the reason I think Lord of the Rings was so succesful was that it was made by a die-hard fan. Let someone like that do Episodes VII-IX.

Mar 11, 2005 at 6:10 PM Post #22 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Nice link. It was from the high definition feed?

from how clean the video looked i'd say it's a possibility

Mar 11, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #23 of 52
The problem with there being sequel(s) to the original trilogy is that the various Star Wars novels which take place after the events of Ep. VI are accepted as official canon, and in making more movies, that would either have to be changed (books as as a rule much more detailed than movies), or be completely invalidated. And considering how good some of the those novels are (the Admiral Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn, especially), I honestly hope that Ep. III is the end for Star War films.

~KS

Mar 11, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #24 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
Originally Return Of The Jedi was called Revenge Of The Jedi... until someone pointed out to the powers that be that revenge was not the way of a Jedi.

actually lucas leaked the "revenge" title to fool bootleggers. i guess he had a bad experience with fake sw merchandise in the past. there are still some fake "revenge of the jedi" posters floating around.

Mar 11, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #25 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
There have been rumors of three more that take place after the original three. Lucas has denied plans to do them but I'm sure if he gets offered enough money he'd do them. On another note I added a quicktime verison of the trailer to my previous post.

Thats the one I watched. Thanks! Looks great. I disliked eps 1 and 2 for various reasons, but I have hope that 3 will be better.

Mar 12, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #27 of 52
I am really angry now.

The trailers look so good, but it BETTER be GOOD this time!!

I am affraid I will leave the theater this May like I have before: Sorely dissapointed.

The rating MUST be higher than PG and there must be NO HUMOR to get my satisfaction immediately. The reason is because the drama and horrors this movie needs to produce can not possibly be suitable for a PG rating. Lucas better not cut the movie as much as he did the others.

There was a report that in the script Yoda FARTS in the movie -- I don't know how credible this is, but if it were true... I'd be so pissed if I saw it!
mad.gif

Mar 12, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #28 of 52
I just carry the [size=xx-small]tiny hope in my mind that it'll be a good movie.[/size]

Mar 12, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #29 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murdoch
Thats the one I watched. Thanks! Looks great. I disliked eps 1 and 2 for various reasons, but I have hope that 3 will be better.

you've got the wrong idea, homie-G
plainface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back