Star Wars: AOTC: Unfinished business. (SPOILERS)
Jun 3, 2002 at 3:55 PM Post #61 of 64
I saw this movie over the weekend and thought it was very good. It was much better than the last one. The sound was incredible but the picture could have been better. I'm going back next weekend to catch the digital presentation.

Jun 3, 2002 at 7:43 PM Post #62 of 64
Quote:

But I thought that the army was created for the JEDI!? If it is the Jedi's army then why can Palpatine control it- doesnt it follow the orders of the Jedi Council?

The army was created for the Republic, and so would reasonably come under the control of the Chancellor. As mentioned in the film, they then logically supported the Jedi.

It's somewhat confusing to me where the Jedi Council fits into the politics of the Republic. As "keepers of the peace" -- in essence a police force -- I thought they would be beholden to some higher authority, such as Palpatine. Yet they appear to be a separate entity that can be called on for mediation but cannot be controlled, like an armed Dalai Lama (no offense intended). It just seems too good to be true, like Anakin's vision of an all-powerful "wise man."

Jun 3, 2002 at 9:31 PM Post #63 of 64
Did anyone else question why Padme never seemed to be affected by Anakin's admission after the whole incident on Tatooine? Not only does she comfort him, but she eventually admits her love for him (under dire circumstances I admit), and ultimately marries him!

I realize that Anakin was acting out of justifyable rage, but Padme is a seasoned (beyond her years) diplomat who seeks peaceful resolutions first (as we see later). She just seems to take it with a shrug and moves on. I would have expected more from her. But that would have taken more time to resolve, I guess, and frankly I did not want their courtship to last any longer.
biggrin.gif

Maybe Anakin has put a Jedi mind-control whammy on Padme to get her to fall for him? Maybe she eventually comes out of it, which then leads to the couple's separation?

Gotta git me somadat Jedi mojo!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 4, 2002 at 3:16 AM Post #64 of 64
i just came back from seeing aotc at the cinerama in seattle: a huge, imax like screen, state of the art everything. it was a digital projected show, too. i have to say it was easy to see the pixils on the screen during bright scenes. also, during pans and motion there seemed to be a lot of blurring. otherwise the colors were nice and overall it looked good, but not nearly as good as film.

i liked the movie much more than the first one. that said, it still doesn't feel like a star wars movie to me. it was nice to see luke's old room and all, but it just didn't do it. also, i was never really blown away by any of the big action scenes. i kept waiting for it to start, if you know what i mean.

the best part of the movie for me was seeing ian mcdermond in his emperor makeup intoning "things are going just as we plaaaaned..." i was hoping he'd do his evil laugh. the emperor kicks serious ass.

i wore some etymotic musicians earplugs to the show. i highly recommend them... you hear everything, but it is not painful. also, the digital sound was very edgy and bright, and the etys took a little of the edge off.

this was nice too:
natalie_nokia.jpg

although i didn't notice the cell phone in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back