SR60 to HD555: worth upgrading?
Nov 14, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #31 of 32
I own the 555s and use them daily for extended periods (6-8 hours). I purchased mine blindly, because they were in my budget and I had heard good things. I have not been disappointed in any way. I listen to a wide range of music as well, and they fit the bill very well.

I am actually looking to get a pair of SR60s though since I do not have any Grados, and want to have both to be able to experience both worlds. My advice would be to go with the 555s but try to hang on to your Grados if at all possible as well.

Nov 15, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jigga22
I own the 555s and use them daily for extended periods (6-8 hours). I purchased mine blindly, because they were in my budget and I had heard good things. I have not been disappointed in any way. I listen to a wide range of music as well, and they fit the bill very well.

I am actually looking to get a pair of SR60s though since I do not have any Grados, and want to have both to be able to experience both worlds. My advice would be to go with the 555s but try to hang on to your Grados if at all possible as well.

That's exactly what I did: HD555 then Grado SR-60. I liked the HD555 but couldn't resist the urge to buy a Grado after reading the SR-60 appreciation thread. After that, I found I preferred the Grados for rock and bought a 325i. And though the Senns sound ok for rock, I still prefer using them for the more mellow stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back