SR225i vs ATH M50 vs SR60i vs SR80I on Essence ST . which one to buy?
Jan 6, 2011 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

badsykes

New Head-Fier
Hello
I am new here..I am a noob at audio.I switched long time ago from gaming sound cards (Creative) to listening quality side so 3-4 years ago i bought my first quality sound card Terratec Aureon 7.1 space.Now i own an Asus Xonar DX and in a couple of days a Xonar Essence ST will arrive at my door.I own an MX5021 sound system and some headphones (AKG k412p).With the new Xonar i want to venture a little further with heaphones so i decided to ask around here to which "plastic cage" should i throw the money.
I listen rock music (ex: haggard, paradise lost , Sentenced, etc) ,melancholic/atmospheric music that lack rock instrumental completly containing opera girl voice, piano , violin etc (ex: Dark sanctuary, artesia, Leandra), medieval music (ex: templar music).Also i tend to play atmospheric, creepy puzzle games (Amnesia: The dark descent, SIlent Hill series, Penumbra, Stalker).I am not a very fan of bassy stuff..Also i am not a fun of gaming positioning so i am not inclined on gaming cards anymore..
Now i just love the Dolby Headphone on my Xonar and i feel that it is very good fit aplying it when running music to AL mx5021 system..It makes the music more natural and deep..The Terratec sounded kinda harsh in many ways... 
After reading the extensive review this extensive review:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-63-portable-headphones-reviewed-db-logic-hp-100-arctic-sound-p281-added-12-24

I ended up with this models:
SR225i vs ATH M50 vs SR60i vs SR80I 
I was inclined to sr225i but seems ath m50 are more balanced..The other 2 are cheaper...If you guys have other suggestions i can't wait to hear them...

Thx in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back