sr-225 used or new ms-1
Oct 5, 2005 at 2:45 PM Post #16 of 21
thanx hbtyron

Well I think I just have to train my ears untill they can everything...
biggrin.gif

But then again I´ll start crying everytime someone passes me on the street with a couple of stock sony og appel buds.

Hmm life is hard

Oct 6, 2005 at 1:36 PM Post #17 of 21
I'm jealous at you. Wish I knew someone that sells a senn/grado/akg with amp and all the cabels. The thing I hate the most in the netherlands is that I can't hear any headphone before I buy them (maybe some senns, but I'm not really interested in them for now). It's even worse with headphone-amplifiers.
Are there any dutch head-fiers who know a good place/store where I can compare different headphonetypes?
What's really annoying (who this is a negative post
tongue.gif
) is that the stocksony/apple-earbud owners think there earphones sound great. A few days ago I listened to some philips clip-on things, men what a terrible sound ( not clear, no bass, no detail). I've convinced one friend to buy shure e2c's, he hasn't joined this this forum, but he's reading it so it won't take long before he is a proud member and in for an upgrade!

Oct 6, 2005 at 1:47 PM Post #18 of 21
Oct 6, 2005 at 3:28 PM Post #19 of 21
Those of you guys in the states probably don't experience this a lot but the Canadians on here know what I am talking about...

Shipping costs $25 or whatever... then UPS sends you a letter asking for $50-$100 brokerage fees.

Plus if you pay online you sometimes get a bad exchange rate and have to pay additional banking related fees.

Buying from overseas must be just as much of a nightmare, you can't estimate the additional costs very easilly.

Oct 6, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #20 of 21
AKG is from Austria
biggrin.gif

Sennheiser is from Germany
biggrin.gif

But damm it would be nice with those low taxes you have in the US. Here in Denmark we pay e.g 180% tax on cars plus all sorts of environmental taxes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back