Squeezebox Duet->Stello da220 MKII dac->RWA Signature 30.2->Akg k1k->subwoofer
Jul 27, 2008 at 10:52 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not just use the Duet's coaxial output to one device and the optical output to the other? Routing a digital signal through equipment can degrade the signal amplitude and timing.

Would it make any difference (enhance) if I add a preamp in the K1000 rig?
Could you give me some examples/suggestions of Signature 30.2 preamps?
Maybe the power Signature 30.2 (power amp without volume know) would fit in here perfectly?
The K1000 is not a headphone, it's a dynamic ear speaker.

Jul 27, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #33 of 35
Yes, using a separate preamp and power amp would work, but my guess is that RWA's integrated amplifier (preamp and power amp in one box) will be more suitable for your use. The only reason to get a dedicated preamplifier is if you already have a power amplifier or if the preamp in your integrated amp is not good (which is unlikely). I'm guessing the preamp in the RWA Signature 30.2 is good enough that you won't gain anything by replacing it.

Aug 4, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #34 of 35
I like the Squeezebox streaming devices very much! You can just sit back and relax. I have never enjoyed listening to music in such a way ever before.
You can generate random playlists (you never end up with the same playlist), and everything can be controlled by the remote control.

Aug 11, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #35 of 35
I am using an Apogee Mini-Dac for my Akg rig. Until now, I haven't find how to select the upsample rating (192).
You can select the upsample with the Stello dac, I don't know if it's also possible with the Apogee dac. Maybe only via usb and software?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back