Squeezebox and Slimserver help needed
Oct 9, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #61 of 65
Yo,

Anyway, i got so frustrated that i decided to upgrade my hard drive and start from scratch. So today, i went to circuit city to buy a new 120gb internal hd for $100 after rebate ( thought that was a good deal
smily_headphones1.gif
). Anyway, i forgot that i don't have cd-rs and i can't make recovery cds. DOH! Oh well, there's always tomorrow. And so it continues......

Oct 9, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #62 of 65
By "start from scratch" do you mean a fresh install of the OS? If so, yikes, you're in for a lot of work.

For what it's worth I'm skeptical that this will have any effect on your Squeezebox problem at all (I think there is some other network issue), but I understand why you feel somewhat at the end of your rope.

Just so I'm clear, is the machine you're upgrading a desktop machine that runs SlimServer, or are you upgrading your Thinkpad?

If you are upgrading your Thinkpad I have some specific suggestions to make since the Thinkpad disk layout is somewhat "special."

Oct 9, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #64 of 65
Hey everyone,

I have successfully connected to sb3 now. I'm still not sure why i couldn't do it with my old hard drive. But now, i've freshly installed a new one. It still bugs me not knowing what caused the problem. Oh well...

Najib

Oct 9, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #65 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
Hey everyone,

I have successfully connected to sb3 now. I'm still not sure why i couldn't do it with my old hard drive. But now, i've freshly installed a new one. It still bugs me not knowing what caused the problem. Oh well...

Najib

Hey, glad to hear it.

I know what you mean...it's frustrating not knowing.

But there's nothing that compares to a fresh OS install. Doesn't your computer run much better in every way now?
biggrin.gif

I burn my box to the ground once a year whether it needs it or not. It's great housekeeping, EVERYTHING runs better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back