SQ of Old Clip v New Clip+
Nov 30, 2009 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Albinoni

500+ Head-Fier
Is there really much of a difference between the SQ of the old previous Sansa clip and the new Sansa Clip+, or would you say they both sound much alike.

Also how about the build quality ?

Nov 30, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 8
I listened to both extensively this summer. The Clip+ may have a slightly warmer sound, but really there isn't that much difference.

Build quality seems about the same as well, although some have said the Clip+ has a better build. However, design is much better for the Clip+.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 8
I have both, like the clip + better.

Dec 1, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #5 of 8
I went from a Fuze to a Clip+. I think the sound is a little bit different. A friend recently gave me some Etymotic ER4Ps and I was a little suprised when I tried them out with the Clip+ and found that the player was, to my ears, significantly darker sounding than the Fuze. I haven't ABed them or anything, I'm just recalling from memory, so I could be wrong.

Here's my clip with my SR225s:
73223695.jpg

Dec 1, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went from a Fuze to a Clip+. I think the sound is a little bit different. A friend recently gave me some Etymotic ER4Ps and I was a little suprised when I tried them out with the Clip+ and found that the player was, to my ears, significantly darker sounding than the Fuze. I haven't ABed them or anything, I'm just recalling from memory, so I could be wrong.

Here's my clip with my SR225s:
73223695.jpg

So do you prefer the sound to the Fuze or Clip+?

Dec 2, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #7 of 8
Sansa Clip+ - a set on Flickr

Having had 1.5 days with my new toy, I think talk of "warmer", "darker" or whatever else is another case of head-fi hyperbole, hype and exaggeration. If they are different then they are similar enough to be at the point of sounding the same

I'd be interested to know if people pepsi challenged it or knew they were listening to x

For the same price it is a no brainer. I purchased because £39.99 for 8GB Clip+ was a bargain. And that is just it. Buy because it is so cheap. You are getting great SQ regardless

Dec 2, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Albinoni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So do you prefer the sound to the Fuze or Clip+?

Neither, really. I just remember the Fuze sounding more bright. I am totally satisfied with the sound of the Clip+.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sansa Clip+ - a set on Flickr

Having had 1.5 days with my new toy, I think talk of "warmer", "darker" or whatever else is another case of head-fi hyperbole, hype and exaggeration. If they are different then they are similar enough to be at the point of sounding the same

I'd be interested to know if people pepsi challenged it or knew they were listening to x

For the same price it is a no brainer. I purchased because £39.99 for 8GB Clip+ was a bargain. And that is just it. Buy because it is so cheap. You are getting great SQ regardless

You certainly could be right about not being able to pass a pepsi challenge. Like I mentioned, I didn't AB them. As you say, it does sound really, really good for the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back