SQ and loudness In-Ear vs Cans
Apr 19, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

I think they are about on pair in terms of sound quality, obviously with some differences in sound signature (IMHO, Sennheiser products -with just a few exceptions- are kind of too expensive for the sound they offer). But then again, the Senns have removable cable, are sleeker looking, etc.

Quality is subjective to be honest. Not saying you are wrong either by the way. 

Apr 19, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:
By the way are the IE80s you bought sold by Amazon or an individual seller? IE80s are notorious for the amount of counterfeits floating around. There are loads of comparison threads, and the fake ones are scarily close to the real ones in appearance

Yeah I am aware of that, and have studied plenty of the comparison threads, so I'll be very careful when I get them. But that being said, I purchased them from amazon, and not from a seller. At least I hope so. 
Here
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B005N8W27I

I think they are about on pair in terms of sound quality, obviously with some differences in sound signature (IMHO, Sennheiser products -with just a few exceptions- are kind of too expensive for the sound they offer). But then again, the Senns have removable cable, are sleeker looking, etc.

So basically I'll be paying 100€ for brand, looks, and some gimmicks? I  really dont' want to believe that. I mean that would than be on the Beats level....

Apr 19, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

So basically I'll be paying 100€ for brand, looks, and some gimmicks? I  really dont' want to believe that. I mean that would than be on the Beats level....

The cable isn't a gimmick. It is very useful for what it is. Most IEMs don't have detachable cables, and more often than not, people experience cable failure. Would you like to spend 200 bucks on something, experience cable failure and then find out the only way to replace it is to get a whole brand new set? It isn't fun.

In respect of the IE8 itself, a lot of people feel it is crap for what it is or overhyped etc, a lot of people like it. It's down to personal preference. You need to figure out what you like and what works for you. No one else should be determining for you how to think of what you have or like.

Apr 19, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Quality is subjective to be honest. Not saying you are wrong either by the way. 

Yeah, totally agree
wink.gif

Quote:

LOL, let's not exaggerate either! The IE8 does sound good, they offer a -let's say- "premium" sound. It's just that there are other brands that offer similar sound technically speaking at a fraction of the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back