Spring VA, DC, MD Macro Meet @ 5/17/2008
Mar 6, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #31 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steve, hopefully you're already feeling a bit better than when you posted this the other day. it's hard to imagine, barring any complications, that two months out from surgery isn't sufficient time to allow for enough healing to attend a meet. looking fwd to finally meeting you in person.

and speaking of folks in the area, whaddabout Hirsch? has anyone been in touch with him?

My dad plays bridge with him a couple days a month.
He doesn't visit head-fi anymore, but he might come. I can send an email out to the DC guys and see if they're interested.

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #32 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathriel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My dad plays bridge with him a couple days a month.
He doesn't visit head-fi anymore, but he might come. I can send an email out to the DC guys and see if they're interested.

thanks Bernie. what happened, did he do a head-fi burn out? btw, i hope you and yer pf-1s attend. if i bring mine (which are a bit different than yours) then both of the sets that exist will be present together, making it an historic occasion
wink.gif
!

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #33 of 94
Se

If you have 40 people say, where are they going to park. You providing a bus?
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #34 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Se

If you have 40 people say, where are they going to park. You providing a bus?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Food: No need to bring...I will provide

With that kind of crew you need to borrow a track and go to COSTCO.
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #35 of 94
Guys...so far, only 13 of you have shown interest for the meet. I will be surprised if 70% show up. The parking is not an issue. I live on a circle so there is plenty of space around my immediate neighborhood for parking.

vvs_75, just finish your Beta22
wink.gif
Costco is only 5 minutes away from my home
biggrin.gif

Dave, you have no excuse not to come. Jeff (Bazile) is coming all the way from Oklahoma
eek.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #36 of 94
I built it already and case it up to the point that it can be used.
Then I have had some problems with one of four channels so I disassembled the amp again. As soon As I fix the problems I can get it ready in a matter of few days. Parts already on its way. I will report next week.

Mar 8, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #37 of 94
Great news!!! There are several head-fier just eager to hear it...including me
wink.gif

Will you be using 4pin XLR or 3pin XLRs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvs_75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I built it already and case it up to the point that it can be used.
Then I have had some problems with one of four channels so I disassembled the amp again. As soon As I fix the problems I can get it ready in a matter of few days. Parts already on its way. I will report next week.

Mar 8, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #38 of 94
Quote:

Great news!!! There are several head-fier just eager to hear it...including me
wink.gif

Will you be using 4pin XLR or 3pin XLRs?

Since I will be the only who will use my amp
smily_headphones1.gif
, except for the meetings, I decided reterminate my HP with mini XLR because it smaller, al lot lighter and less bulky when I will use mini XLR to 3.5 mini adapter to go SE. But I am also incorporating 4pin or two 3pin XLRs inputs as well. I haven't decided yet which. May be both if I find room for them. In any way I will make adapter.

Vlad

Mar 8, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #39 of 94
I am glad I asked
wink.gif

My "standard" plug is 4pin XLR on my Senn cans. I have to 3pin to 4pin adapter so...as long as you have a standard size XLR plug(s)...thing will work out. There will be two Markl modded D5000 at the meet. One with two 3pin XLR plugs and other stock 1/4" stereo plug. The owners of these cans are dying to try out the Beta22... including myself of course.

Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif
, except for the meetings, I decided reterminate my HP with mini XLR because it smaller, al lot lighter and less bulky when I will use mini XLR to 3.5 mini adapter to go SE. But I am also incorporating 4pin or two 3pin XLRs inputs as well. I haven't decided yet which. May be both if I find room for them. In any way I will make adapter.

Vlad

Mar 8, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #40 of 94
Quote:

I am glad I asked
wink.gif

My "standard" plug is 4pin XLR on my Senn cans. I have to 3pin to 4pin adapter so...as long as you have a standard size XLR plug(s)...thing will work out. There will be two Markl modded D5000 at the meet. One with two 3pin XLR plugs and other stock 1/4" stereo plug. The owners of these cans are dying to try out the Beta22... including myself of course.

I like 4pin XLR and prefer it to the double 3pin connectors.

And I am dying to try Markl's D5000!
smily_headphones1.gif
This HP next to have in my list.

Mar 12, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #41 of 94
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif
, except for the meetings, I decided reterminate my HP with mini XLR because it smaller, al lot lighter and less bulky when I will use mini XLR to 3.5 mini adapter to go SE. But I am also incorporating 4pin or two 3pin XLRs inputs as well. I haven't decided yet which. May be both if I find room for them.

not that my vote counts for much, but i'd say go for both the 3 & 4 pin xlrs for maximum flexibility.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #43 of 94
If I can make it I no longer have the ATH-ESW9 or the Xin Reference beta.

I now have a iQube and a ALO-HFI-780 with the Jenna Labs cryo cable instead.

Mar 18, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #44 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riboge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This meet has just been brought to my attention. I will try to make it with my R10s to compare with the Markl-modded D5000s/

that'd be great!

Quote:

If I can make it I no longer have the ATH-ESW9 or the Xin Reference beta.

what?!?! er, please elaborate - i'm a bit shocked. i thought you loved both.

Quote:

I now have a iQube and a ALO-HFI-780 with the Jenna Labs cryo cable instead.

i'd love to hear 'em. will you bring yer ed9s so we can see how close the 780s are to 'em?

Mar 18, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #45 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that'd be great!

what?!?! er, please elaborate - i'm a bit shocked. i thought you loved both.

i'd love to hear 'em. will you bring yer ed9s so we can see how close the 780s are to 'em?

Yea, I did enjoy them a lot.

Concerning the ATH-ESW9 I sold them when I got the HFI-780 cable upgrade.

Concerning the Xin Reference beta I sold it when I got the UE Triple.Fi and found I needed a more neutral amp instead of the beautiful sounding and tuby Reference.

I am fairly certain that with my two home setups and my portable setup that I am near or at where I want to be.

Now why would I want anyone to compare the UE9 to the ALO-780J? Using the Yamamoto HA-02 they are sure to impress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back