Sponsor Review Program--Win the Tronsmart Force 2 BT Speaker to review
Feb 19, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #32 of 53
Received mine yesterday! I'll post a review in a few days, but here are some initial impressions:

- Extremely good build quality for this price point
- Gets loud, seems to perform a bit better sonically with a little volume
- Although their DSP is nice, bass rolls off instantly
- BT5 seems to work real well. I can be anywhere in my house and maintain a good connection
- Great for video. Little if any latency, at least via my Samsung S21u.
- AptX or other codec options likely would have been a waste on a speaker of this size, physics bottleneck
-Used it for an hour long phone conversation with a family member last night. I didn't tell them I was using the speakerphone, and they never called it out -- something this person usually does instantly. The DSP/speaker tuning is also excellent for voices.

I REALLY want to hear the bigger version. Is there one?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #34 of 53
I'm actively comparing it directly with a JBL Link Portable, which sells for $180. The JBL operates on Bluetooth or WiFi, so I'm testing both at their maximum potential: The JBL is connected via WiFi / Apple Airplay 2, and the Transmart is plugged into my MacBook directly with a 3.5mm cable. This makes for switching between the two super easy in the MacOS audio dropdown.

The JBL has a bit more warmth to it, bass doesn't roll of quite as quickly, but the Transmart seems to have a more detailed tuning and a bit punchier mid bass -- I wasn't expecting that. The brightness comes out a bit more when using my Periodic Rh DAC (awesome @DanWiggins )

Full review by the end of this weekend :)

Feb 19, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #37 of 53
Quite a competent little BT speaker so far. It does have good detail response, and I too wish for a bit more bass presence. I have it running for long periods to break it in. Maybe that will help.

I also agree that it is built very well, with no sizeable discrepancies. I cannot guarantee a review after 2-3 days listening, but will have results as soon as I am able to comparably write it up.

Cheers, thank you again and good listening to all!

Feb 19, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #41 of 53
Received mine yesterday! I'll post a review in a few days, but here are some initial impressions:

- Extremely good build quality for this price point
- Gets loud, seems to perform a bit better sonically with a little volume
- Although their DSP is nice, bass rolls off instantly
- BT5 seems to work real well. I can be anywhere in my house and maintain a good connection
- Great for video. Little if any latency, at least via my Samsung S21u.
- AptX or other codec options likely would have been a waste on a speaker of this size, physics bottleneck
-Used it for an hour long phone conversation with a family member last night. I didn't tell them I was using the speakerphone, and they never called it out -- something this person usually does instantly. The DSP/speaker tuning is also excellent for voices.

I REALLY want to hear the bigger version. Is there one?
Force 2 is only with 30W output. If you wanna try the bigger version, you might need to check Mega Pro--60W lol

Feb 19, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #44 of 53
Quite a competent little BT speaker so far. It does have good detail response, and I too wish for a bit more bass presence. I have it running for long periods to break it in. Maybe that will help.

I also agree that it is built very well, with no sizeable discrepancies. I cannot guarantee a review after 2-3 days listening, but will have results as soon as I am able to comparably write it up.

Cheers, thank you again and good listening to all!
Thanks for your kindly honest test!

Feb 21, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #45 of 53
Transmart Force 2 Review:
I used to travel a ton for business, loving to bring a small Bluetooth speaker with me to connect my laptop or phone and use it for calls and background music at the various offices. A JBL charge 4 served that purpose for a long time until I left it at a family member's place never to be seen again (they loved it.) I bought a few other portables that were just disappointing. Then I saw Transmart asking for reviews of the Force 2 via Head-Fi. My first reaction? They must have a TON of confidence in this thing. It's only $70 and not exactly a Head-Fi type product at first sight. Reviews are gonna be cringe-y I was wrong. Very very wrong. Let me explain:

Unboxing:
20210218_104557.jpg

Build:
I'm incredibly impressed. The body has a rubberized coating and a seemingly durable speaker covering. Transmart got this thing IPX7 certified, which means you can take it just about anywhere without much concern, rain or shine. This is how much again? Used it while shoveling this morning's fresh Buffalo, NY snowfall.
Snow.jpg
Sound:
For Roughly $70 owners will get 30w pumped out of two small drivers and two passive radiators -- It looks strikingly similar to the JBL Flip series, but with a few upgrades. The DSP Transmart seems to point out heavily in the literature in/on the box, really seems to work well. Although there is bass roll-off, the sound isn't thin and the DSP does a great job utilizing midbass to make up for the lack of physical size. This is a punchy, clear speaker. Vocals come out a bit forward, which I like a lot since I love listening to podcasts as I start my morning. So it seems to hold up on its own, but how doe it compare to others? I decided to compare directly to my JBL Link Portable -- a current WiFi/Bluetooth smart speaker of similar size and weight -- but $180 new. I have this, and a number of JBL Link Music speakers all over the house for a Google whole-home audio system. The JBL definitely extended a bit lower, but that's about all I preferred. The Force 2 was a much louder speaker with a more balanced and cleaner sound. Pretty neat :)
20210221_114628.jpg

- The Bluetooth 5 chip in use is awesome. I never had any connection issues or even distance cutouts throughout my entire home.
- Durable and IPX7 certified.
- LOUD. 30 watts into a speaker this small is cool and doesn't seem to distort until the upper limits.
- DSP/tuning is excellent inside and while closeby outside.
- Call quality is excellent

Dislikes:
-Outdoor users: Although the DSP helps, more bass is needed for this to be an instant-recommendation. It can sound thin outside.
- Design is great but make a bigger one. Near identical, with drivers that can go lower.

I can confidently recommend this for casual use. If you're looking for a speaker to do tasks around the house or have a small outdoor meal, then this is pretty great. Those looking for better codecs and big bass will want to look at other products or wait for a larger size. Thanks, Transmart for this opportunity. I look forward to your future products and welcome you warmly to the Head-Fi community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back