Spirit Torino Valkyria
Apr 27, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #61 of 1,000
Anyway...i don' t understand the politic about the price of this headphone. From my friend i understand different prices regarding same object. Remember me an italian builder of electronics, in the past, with same politic

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #62 of 1,000
the shopkeepers and the producer are free to apply the discounts they want. For example, a Meze Empyrean on the manufacturer's website is at full price, but in Germany you can buy it with a 20% discount, I myself took a new Abyss Diana in Spain with a strong discount while on the Abyss website the price is much more. tall. And I can give you other examples like the Stellia bought at Christmas new in France and got a nice discount or the Stax and I could go on.
So if you let me understand what the problem is because I don't see anything strange, there is a starting price and there are possible discounts, but like everything that revolves around this world.
Now it would be right for you to mention your friend and what price was proposed, people are always very curious .... so you let me know if I got a good deal for my Valkyria.

Apr 28, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #63 of 1,000
If for you it is a good sales policy i understand your point. In anycase I don't have to mention anything.

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #66 of 1,000
one thing is to have a 20% discount on a meze or an abyss, one thing is to have a discount from 12000 € to 7500 € because you are a friend ... and it is not even a shop but a producer, now I understand why the brand spirit it is not sold outside Italy!
I talked about 20% on Meze Empyrean, but my Abyss had a much greater discount, so it was for Focal, Stax, Hifiman and many other headphones, certainly I don't have to give you the discounts I can get from shopkeepers.
On the Spirit site it clearly says ask for the best price, and I also find this written on online sites that sell ZMF headphones in Germany, I don't see what the problem is, if there is a question to discuss.

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #67 of 1,000
if anything, the discounts are made by the shopkeepers and not the producers.A manufacturer that does not distribute its products in hifi stores and with this confidentiality on prices, will not go far.
You are comparing the Spirit to companies that are references in the hifi world. The Spirit is not mentioned in the world, there are no reviews or tests on these products.
The only videos I find on this brand are from the manufacturer himself or two videos of a certain Gianluca Bocci who reviews toys!
On this zmf is much more established.
€ 12,000 or € 7,500 for a similar Grado

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #68 of 1,000
if anything, the discounts are made by the shopkeepers and not the producers.A manufacturer that does not distribute its products in hifi stores and with this confidentiality on prices, will not go far.
You are comparing the Spirit to companies that are references in the hifi world. The Spirit is not mentioned in the world, there are no reviews or tests on these products.
The only videos I find on this brand are from the manufacturer himself or two videos of a certain Gianluca Bocci who reviews toys!
On this zmf is much more established.
you have a little confused ideas, these headphones are not really Grado, I have Grado for a lifetime, and I went through the whole catalog, even the famous hp1 and hp2, and currently I have 3, see my package, and these Spirit Torino have a completely different sound.
The Valkyria has undergone various combinatorial tests with other headphones, by myself, and personally it is one of the best auditions I have had, so the problem for me was just choosing the black band or another color.
You only have messages in this thread with a short subscription, and it seems strange enough to me, I can think that your presence is only to contest something to Spirit Torino, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong?

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #69 of 1,000
I could say instead that you are doing the interests of the spirit, and it shows!
Moreover, aesthetically they reflect the modified grade design, it is obvious!
The fact remains that it's only you who say it's the best headphone in the world, but I don't see this headphone reviewed in the world, I should buy it because a Spirit customer says it's the best ... there's no trustworthiness.
All very simple!

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #70 of 1,000
you have a little confused ideas, these headphones are not really Grado, I have Grado for a lifetime, and I went through the whole catalog, even the famous hp1 and hp2, and currently I have 3, see my package, and these Spirit Torino have a completely different sound.
The Valkyria has undergone various combinatorial tests with other headphones, by myself, and personally it is one of the best auditions I have had, so the problem for me was just choosing the black band or another color.
You only have messages in this thread with a short subscription, and it seems strange enough to me, I can think that your presence is only to contest something to Spirit Torino, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong?
Sound is different question. If yuo like the headphone, good! it may even be the best headphone in the world, I don't argue with that. and I admit that it is an new exercise in style and courageous market positioning. honestly and IMHO the style remember me a lot Grado headphones

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #71 of 1,000
Sound is different question. If yuo like the headphone, good! it may even be the best headphone in the world, I don't argue with that. and I admit that it is an new exercise in style and courageous market positioning. honestly and IMHO the style remember me a lot Grado headphones
Aldo,
Grado are made of wood, these are made of metal, Valkyria is made of titanium, so just like Grado they are not, also because Grado could claim damage, they have a circular shape, ah, maybe this?
Then yes, the valkrya audition has upset my plans, and you know it, you have known me for years and you know how many headphones I have run in my arsenal, if I tell you that that headset is exaggerated, that's it ... oh well, all commercial policies can be more or less shared, but I'm interested in the value of sound, if I have some cartridges to go with you I'm very happy.

Apr 28, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #72 of 1,000
No doubt that Spirit Torino could have handled the pricing communication, and also more generally the presentation of the Valkyria, MUCH better.

I know they were planning an ambitious official launch, with a lot of video footage, nice tech detail pictures and spreadsheets, interviews etc., a process that has been slowed down by the pandemics and eventually created such a "mistery" around the pricing.

The headphone.com price list publication was a bit unfortunate as well in terms of timing, as they should have coordinated better with Spirit and their official store.

Hopefully they will clarify the pricing policy officially soon, along with how they decided to handle the sale of first two "pilot-production" batches..

The similarities are only about aesthetics. The design, material and overall technology content of the Valkyria is a whole different approach.
Calling the Valkyria a "similar Grado" is an unfair oversimplification IMHO.

The fact remains that it's only you who say it's the best headphone in the world, but I don't see this headphone reviewed in the world, I should buy it because a Spirit customer says it's the best ... there's no trustworthiness.

Then feel free not to buy it, I do not see a problem :), nobody here is willing to convince anybody else to buy such an expensive headphone, especially without auditioning it before.
Forums like head-fi are intended for sharing direct, first-hand experience and information and this is just what people like @biscottino and myself usually try to do. As anyone else, we have our biases and personal preferences ...

Let me just add a note. It is a bit sad seeing this level of harshness against a small Italian manufacturer who's trying to really push the envelope of what can be done with headphones design and manufacturing (of course within the limitations of their know-how, investment capabilities etc.) coming just from compatriot audiophiles.

Now, back to my countdown to receiving my unit ... just received this realtime update which sounds promising and scary at the same time :sweat_smile:

valkyria-assembly.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #73 of 1,000
No doubt that Spirit Torino could have handled the pricing communication, and also more generally the presentation of the Valkyria, MUCH better.

I know they were planning an ambitious official launch, with a lot of video footage, nice tech detail pictures and spreadsheets, interviews etc., a process that has been slowed down by the pandemics and eventually created such a "mistery" around the pricing.

The headphone.com price list publication was a bit unfortunate as well in terms of timing, as they should have coordinated better with Spirit and their official store.

Hopefully they will clarify the pricing policy officially soon, along with how they decided to handle the sale of first two "pilot-production" batches..

The similarities are only about aesthetics. The design, material and overall technology content of the Valkyria is a whole different approach.
Calling the Valkyria a "similar Grado" is an unfair oversimplification IMHO.

Then feel free not to buy it, I do not see a problem :), nobody here is willing to convince anybody else to buy such an expensive headphone, especially without auditioning it before.
Forums like head-fi are intended for sharing direct, first-hand experience and information and this is just what people like @biscottino and myself usually try to do. As anyone else, we have our biases and personal preferences ...

Let me just add a note. It is a bit sad seeing this level of harshness against a small Italian manufacturer who's trying to really push the envelope of what can be done with headphones design and manufacturing (of course within the limitations of their know-how, investment capabilities etc.) coming just from compatriot audiophiles.

Now, back to my countdown to receiving my unit ... just received this realtime update which sounds promising and scary at the same time :sweat_smile:

valkyria-assembly.jpg
valkyria-assembly.jpgagrre with your post. i repeat: i don´t speak about quality, it would be hypocritical of me. just idon´t like some attitudes about price. just for curiosity. this last picture is personal from builder, right? LOL

May 18, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #75 of 1,000
@simorag
Can I say "Italians do it better" one time ? :) lucky boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back