Spiral Ears SE6 introduced!
Jan 31, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #181 of 265
There goes my plans D: I wonder if the KSE shells are integral for the earphone to sound good, like the air inside should be a specific amount(?) as is the nozzle size. I know that SE's are silicone filled, maybe the sound will change once re-shelled to normal acrylic or silicone. Ambient Acoustics answers and raises questions.
Yes they would. I find silicone to have a different fit than acrylic, also there is difference if you have hollow acrylic vs full silicone shell with no air inside. These are nuances mostly, but they are not if some of the drivers inside are open, and sometimes armatures are (not everyone knows about this!). So I would probably only reshell SE into silicone if anything. Also tearing apart someone else SE may break the drivers. It's much easier to reshell acrylic CIEMs.

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #182 of 265
Yes they would. I find silicone to have a different fit than acrylic, also there is difference if you have hollow acrylic vs full silicone shell with no air inside. These are nuances mostly, but they are not if some of the drivers inside are open, and sometimes armatures are (not everyone knows about this!). So I would probably only reshell SE into silicone if anything. Also tearing apart someone else SE may break the drivers. It's much easier to reshell acrylic CIEMs.

Little nuances add up for something that we use intimately. Hmmm, I'll proceed with caution then.

Jan 31, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #183 of 265
There goes my plans D: I wonder if the KSE shells are integral for the earphone to sound good, like the air inside should be a specific amount(?) as is the nozzle size. I know that SE's are silicone filled, maybe the sound will change once re-shelled to normal acrylic or silicone. Ambient Acoustics answers and raises questions.

I have tried everything for the KSE1500. Full silicone shells from Sensaphonics use crappy silicone which is hard to insert. The sound is awesome but different from the original in my case, and must change depending on your ear. The silicone tips from custom art are better quality, much more convenient, but the issue is the will not stick to the stem as and stay in your ear. Sound is the same as standard tips.

So for me in the future, I will avoid these.

Jan 31, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #184 of 265
I have tried everything for the KSE1500. Full silicone shells from Sensaphonics use crappy silicone which is hard to insert. The sound is awesome but different from the original in my case, and must change depending on your ear. The silicone tips from custom art are better quality, much more convenient, but the issue is the will not stick to the stem as and stay in your ear. Sound is the same as standard tips.

So for me in the future, I will avoid these.

I should say that I was informed by Custom Art the issue with the tip leaving the stem has been solve. Given their great quality, price and service I would surely recommend these now. I might have kept my KSE1500 had I known.

Feb 5, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #189 of 265
Does anyone know how the SE6 compares to the 64audio A18's?

Most perceived difference should come from the difference in tuning between the two, one is natural and the other is reference+some base boost. Your preference will be hence important. Plus, A18 with 64's technology delivers very strong high treble, which gives air, excitement, or headache depending on the genre of your music and how much hearing loss you have for 15khz+. The overall tuning of A18, imo, gives a particular emphasize to the pluck strings like guitars. SE6's high treble is mildly shredded, which allows you to listen to the music a lot louder and longer, but does not harm the timber for most instruments maybe with the exception of bells.

So the style diff is above all the rest. If still you want to ask which is better (which sounds silly in many cases), I'd say it's not a fair comparison unless Spiral takes off the discount.

Feb 9, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #190 of 265
Most perceived difference should come from the difference in tuning between the two, one is natural and the other is reference+some base boost. Your preference will be hence important. Plus, A18 with 64's technology delivers very strong high treble, which gives air, excitement, or headache depending on the genre of your music and how much hearing loss you have for 15khz+. The overall tuning of A18, imo, gives a particular emphasize to the pluck strings like guitars. SE6's high treble is mildly shredded, which allows you to listen to the music a lot louder and longer, but does not harm the timber for most instruments maybe with the exception of bells.

So the style diff is above all the rest. If still you want to ask which is better (which sounds silly in many cases), I'd say it's not a fair comparison unless Spiral takes off the discount.

Thanks for the reply! Would be nice to read some reviews soon. Indeed A18 sounds very exciting, it sounds unbelievable. About listening louder and much longer, I can listen easily for 2 hours with my A18's on high volume without getting any irritation to my ears. I believe this has to do with me using the adel MAM's in my A18's instead of the apex modules. When I use the apex modules sound needs to be a bit lower and my ear get's irritated much faster.

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #195 of 265
On a more serious note:

The sound signature is not boosted at any frequency, yet it is capable of putting out a lot of bass, nice treble extension... It presents the music just like it is. I feel like i get lost in the music whenever i listen to the se6. It is joyful, lively, vivid..

Do not expect a wow factor when you listen to it. The se6 is not like a hoe pretending you are the best lover on earth. It took a good week for me to understand exactly why it is so good..

I am sure that there are iems which have more, deeper and rumblier bass. I am also sure that there are iems with better treble extension. What i am also sure about is, that i have not hear an iem with a better overall package up to date

Users who are viewing this thread

Back