Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate Discussion/ Impressions thread
Jul 12, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #49 of 317

​I currently have the Sony NW-ZX2. I've ordered my SE5 Ult but it won't get to me until a month or so. I'll let you know how I like the combo when it arrives.

Looking forward to your assessment!  I'm kind of chomping at the bit to order one, sounds like it might be a distinctly different sound signature than my K10s.  Just waiting for my wife to forget about my more recent purchases! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #50 of 317

​I currently have the Sony NW-ZX2. I've ordered my SE5 Ult but it won't get to me until a month or so. I'll let you know how I like the combo when it arrives.

How long did it take to get impressions to them from the states?  You have to send pictures first?  Thanks!

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #51 of 317
What cables have you guys tried with the SE5 Ult?

I'm currently considering a DHC 2 wire 19AWG silver cable, WireWorld Nano Platinum Eclipse 7, WyWires Platinum, MIT Vero Reference, and the Siltech Duchess Crown.

Still waiting for my order, the wait is killing me lol.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #52 of 317

I'm currently considering a DHC 2 wire 19AWG silver cable, WireWorld Nano Platinum Eclipse 7, WyWires Platinum, MIT Vero Reference, and the Siltech Duchess Crown.

Let us know how it sounds when you get the SE-5 Ult. Thinking of buying one but I only want to get it if it will blow my mind. :)

Jul 25, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #53 of 317

Not that I a huge believer in cable but I have a Beat Audio Prima Donna 8 wire. Like it a lot.

Jul 26, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #57 of 317
what is this cable, never saw it at DHC.

New, crazy expensive 19awg silver litz cable.  I really like DHC, but the price on this one....................
blink.gif

Seems like it would be a "home only" use cable.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #59 of 317
Finally got time to listen to my SE5 Ult a bit, and I'm definitely impressed, though I'm pretty certain the ZX2 is holding a lot of its potential back. The Mass Kobo 404 should take care of that problem though haha.

It's been a longgg time since I've sold my NT6 PRO so I can't really compare (and it was used with a better setup: wagnus epsilon s amp)

Aug 8, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #60 of 317
  Finally got time to listen to my SE5 Ult a bit, and I'm definitely impressed, though I'm pretty certain the ZX2 is holding a lot of its potential back. The Mass Kobo 404 should take care of that problem though haha.

It's been a longgg time since I've sold my NT6 PRO so I can't really compare (and it was used with a better setup: wagnus epsilon s amp)

The SE5 is quite easy to drive, but it does like some power. Sounds great with LPG or Mojo so I guess the Kobo will be even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back