Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate Discussion/ Impressions thread
Apr 10, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #31 of 317
Anyone able to compare this with the Vision Ears VE6X Control? Being able to switch between sound signatures sounds more enticing and Spiral Ears don't offer any customization options beyond colors.

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #33 of 317
They're not sensitive to hiss but as all TOTL CIEMs they're a bit sensitive to the source as they perform even better with a high end source. I use them without problem on my iPhone but I clearly prefer them with my paw5000

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #35 of 317
  Are the se5 very sensitive to the dap? I'm thinking about just using my s7 edge as a source. I really don't like carrying a bunch of different devices.

if I was gonna spend 1500 euros on a CIEM , i would also use a TOTL dap for maximum pleasure

just my 2 cents , ofc

Apr 10, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #36 of 317
It is more of convenience and not wanting to carry another device than a money issue. I just find it annoying to have all these devices with me. A lot of my listening is done in the gym or on the go. I am currently putting a speaker system together for my house now

May 2, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #37 of 317
Hi. Looking to buy this IEM in the near future. Has anyone compared them to the Roxanne, Layla, and Heir 10. There was a guy on the Headphone List's comment section that said those sounded better than the SE 5 Way Ult but I'm thinking he's just talking out of his ass. Most of the guys on Headphone-List agree the SE-5 Way Ult sounds the best. Let me know your thoughts.

May 2, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #38 of 317
The K10 are brighter and less organic, articulation is a step behind and the feeling of raw power is ... Hm... Not comparable.
The K10 are less sensitive, or less transparent, to bad recordings, where the SE5U are like a chameleon.

Jun 16, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #41 of 317
  Anyone know how these compare to the Hidition NT-6 PRO?

@flinkenick just bought both se5ult and nt6pro, so he should be able to give you a god comparison

don't know though which of his 101 cables he is gonna be using on them 
tongue.gif

Jun 16, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #42 of 317

@flinkenick just bought both se5ult and nt6pro, so he should be able to give you a god comparison

don't know though which of his 101 cables he is gonna be using on them 
tongue.gif

​Sweet! Funnily enough I'll be ordering a Sony ZX2 soon so we'll practically have the same setup LOL.
But my cable will definitely be from Peter though (DHC).

Do you listen to much electronic music? How do you feel the ZX2 / SE5 Ult setup does with bassy music / electronic etc.?

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #44 of 317
From what I gather Mimouille finds the Paw Gold to be "Sold Gold" with the SE5 Ultimate. I bet it is. If that's not rich enough for you then the AK380 modded might be what you want :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back