Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate Discussion/ Impressions thread
Oct 23, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #151 of 317
Ah, where did you get the impedance value and also if you know, where are the source of such info and measurements out there?

SE5U seems harder to drive than the typical iems. Perhaps ones with the a bit more juice would work out better. Lotoo seems to have a strong drive capability than the DAP avg.

Oct 23, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #152 of 317
Ah, where did you get the impedance value and also if you know, where are the source of such info and measurements out there?

SE5U seems harder to drive than the typical iems. Perhaps ones with the a bit more juice would work out better. Lotoo seems to have a strong drive capability than the DAP avg.
For the life of me I don't remember. It was in a Tera player discussion, because the SE5U is the only multi BA that has no bass roll off with the Tera (10/20ohms output).

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #153 of 317

you can quickly get a rough number just by using an ordinary meter to measure the impedance (resistance). Not accurate but still a ballpark-ish number.

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #154 of 317
Well the thing about BA iems are they have a reactive impedance curve. An impedance plot over audible ranges should be accurate.

A planar is simply a resistive load due to the flat response, but the curves of a BA based has nonlinear variation vs frequency, this tells you electrical resonant points, capacitive, and inductice areas, and also the relative magnitude(impedance) at different frequencies.

Resistance is real value constant, but reactive load had complex values that the magnitude of the complex is the impedance.

Although, both complexed and solely real loads can be magnituded to be considered impedance, but both react differently. So, impedances are not equal even with same magnitudes.

You can obtain DC value of resistance, but that is not impedance.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #156 of 317
Mims have you anything to say with the pairing of the hifiman 901s and ult5? Thanks in advance.
I use to have the Hifiman 901 and it was a wonderful pairing with Minibox card (didn't like the IEM or balanced card though) so I guess the new S with Minibox gold cannot be bad. I just sold it based on ergonomics.

Oct 30, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #165 of 317
How is the stock cable correctly connected?

Red dot is for right side, no? Also the red dot facing down or in other words toward you(or toward your back side instead the front)?

Same for the left side, blue dot?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back