SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Feb 3, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #826 of 1,133
Are these original ones from Japan?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Original-SpinFit-CP800-In-ear-Earphones-Patented-Silicone-Eartip-1-Pair-/122168395730

Can't tell since it looks like a stock photo but they look suspiciously cheap to me at least. For 1 pair of SpinFit tips I would expect to pay at least $10 - $15.

Could be wrong though.

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #828 of 1,133
Here's the new dual flange lineup that I obtained from the nice ladies at the SpinFit booth at CanJam NYC. Medium seems to fit me the best for most of the IEMs I tried the lineup with.

I placed them so the wider the top flange the farther right it is and the wider the base is the higher up it is (the small red and black is on the lower left and the large clear and black is on the upper right).

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #830 of 1,133
Feb 12, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #831 of 1,133
Updated your quote of mine.

So how would you decide what would be the best combo on the double flange given the tilting of the spinfit?

For example I like a large spinfit(although a size between the medium and large would probably be perfect for my ears)

How would I choose one of these in your opinion?

TIA

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #832 of 1,133
So how would you decide what would be the best combo on the double flange given the tilting of the spinfit?

For example I like a large spinfit(although a size between the medium and large would probably be perfect for my ears)

How would I choose one of these in your opinion?

TIA

The only way would be to try them all out and pick the ones that are best for you.

Cheers

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #834 of 1,133
Thanks. Are they selling them in multi-size packs?

Anytime! Not sure. At this CanJam I was given their lineup in individual pair baggies and given an explanation about each pair (some are for wider/skinnier nozzles, etcetera).

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #836 of 1,133
Hi guys I've been away from this thread for quite some time. I just received my Vivo xe800. Is there any version of SpinFit that suitable for this particular iem? My old SpinFit does not latch to the nozzle and loose. Maybe it's way too old but still perfect fit for my soundmagic e80.

Some advice please.

Feb 17, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #837 of 1,133
Hi guys I've been away from this thread for quite some time. I just received my Vivo xe800. Is there any version of SpinFit that suitable for this particular iem? My old SpinFit does not latch to the nozzle and loose. Maybe it's way too old but still perfect fit for my soundmagic e80.

Some advice please.

Maybe try CP800?

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #838 of 1,133
I order some today to replace the tips I lost for my Sony iem. I want able to find any tip replacement for a Sony xba that I wasn't sure wasn't a chinese bootleg. After what I read about these hopefully they slightly improve then sq of my xba-300s.

Feb 18, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #839 of 1,133
FWIW...

@both: The SpinFits have a unique design in that they "flex" to fit deeper in the canal. What makes the Spiral Dots different from your average IEM-supplied silicon tip?

Spiral dot tips are just a tad bit smaller than spinfit tips size. The difference is not like another size difference, but it's there. The numbers above are just measurements provided by the manufacturers of the flange diameter so it's not wrong. The tips are just different. I could fit the medium sized spiral dot tip, but they were hurting and the medium small fits me pretty well. For the spinfit tips, I had a hard time fitting the medium and small is just slightly slightly large. If you can fit the medium spinfit tips, you can definitely fit the medium spiral dot tips without problem. They are different tips after all with different thickness and different bore size, so even if the diameter is exactly the same, it's impossible to get the same fit...

So now that I've finally got myself some Spiral Dots I have no idea what all the fuss is all about. 30$ for relatively standard silicon tips...
confused.gif
hmm.
And what's with the dots... ? They cant possibly contribute acoustically as they are hidden by the IEM's bore (at least in the case of the Angies). At best, they make for a better grip (or perhaps just the opposite, make it easier to remove)... .

------

While seal and comfort are key factors, the sonic characteristics of a given tip combined with a specific IEM will also play an important role. Here's my simple comparison. Treble is highly affected by how deep / shallow the bore of the IEM sits underneath the tip. I think material / material's thickness also plays a role.

32165629593_26aba99c5e_b.jpg

32165629783_9a5feceffe_b.jpg

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #840 of 1,133
Anyone try these :
https://www.amazon.com/SpinFit-CP800-CP800-M/dp/B01B7AMXDI

Ive heard there are two variants of spin fits an original OEM from japan and an other which is of "lower quality" which they source to others 
it strikes me as odd as 15 for a pair from Dopamine (of course considering buying from a person rather than a company its a bit high due to shipping from japan, ect) then 11 ish (both in USD) for these amazon ones which are two pairs, just wanna make sure the amazon ones aren't knock offs or the lower quality ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back