SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Oct 12, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #736 of 1,133
Damn, you guys have huge ears. Recently moved down to xsml and found to have better comfort and fit in the long run. I guess my ears are that small haha

The size of SpinFits (and all tips available) is not solely correspondent to ear size. Not only is ear canal size a factor, but there are other factors such as the size of the IEM itself. In my experience with in-ears, the build of the housing and nozzle of the IEM is the most determining factor when choosing a most comfortable universal tip. I have one IEM where I need to use extra small SpinFit tips, some fit better with the small or medium, and some fit better with the large size. There are even a few that fit better with non SpinFit brands or hybrid tips such as the Trinity Audio foam and silicone tips.

Nov 18, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #738 of 1,133
Simple test I do for years to find if a tip has a proper seal or not. Place tip in question on IEM. Rub your fingers (index and thumb) next to your ear. If you can hear the rubbing then you do not have a good seal. Very simple and easy to do. Now sound quality wise that will still require tip rolling but at least with this method you know the seal issue is eliminated to not lose out bass.

Unfortunatly with VDS3s any size SpinFit I can easily hear the "rubbing" so no size gives a proper seal. The stock tips give hardly any "rubbing" sound to be heard.

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #739 of 1,133
Simple test I do for years to find if a tip has a proper seal or not. Place tip in question on IEM. Rub your fingers (index and thumb) next to your ear. If you can hear the rubbing then you do not have a good seal. Very simple and easy to do. Now sound quality wise that will still require tip rolling but at least with this method you know the seal issue is eliminated to not lose out bass.

Unfortunatly with VDS3s any size SpinFit I can easily hear the "rubbing" so no size gives a proper seal. The stock tips give hardly any "rubbing" sound to be heard.

Hmm. Interesting and very informative. However, (i know this is a stupid question, bit bear with me), do you do the test in silence or in what enviromental condition? Also, is the test noise produced with a "finger snapping" movement without the snap sound or what? Sorry and thanks.

Nov 19, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #741 of 1,133
Hmm. Interesting and very informative. However, (i know this is a stupid question, bit bear with me), do you do the test in silence or in what enviromental condition? Also, is the test noise produced with a "finger snapping" movement without the snap sound or what? Sorry and thanks.

Yeah silent env and thumb+index/middle fingers rubbing,not making a snap.....just like we sprinkle salt on dishes.

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #742 of 1,133

Yes I do this in a dead silent room. Go into a bathroom or bedroom where it's 100% quiet or just anywhere where it's as quiet as possible. I just rub my fingers together to make a rubbing noise. Sure you can do snapping too but rubbing is more of a consistent sound and a lower frequency than snapping for me.

Nov 27, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #744 of 1,133
Spinfits now available in NZ with great service from here:

http://www.soundessentials.co.nz/product/SpinFitSiliconeEarTip.html

Cheaper than OZ 
wink_face.gif

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #745 of 1,133
I'm about to buy the Spinfit eartips for my Ortofon EQ-5 but I don't know which size I need and I don't want to buy multiple sizes because I'm not going to use the other ones. I normally use the Ortofon silicone Medium eartips. These have almost the perfect size. The Large hurt my ears and the small don't give me any seal. Can somebody maybe help me with choosing the right size of the Spinfit? Thank you!

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #746 of 1,133
Quote:
  I'm about to buy the Spinfit eartips for my Ortofon EQ-5 but I don't know which size I need and I don't want to buy multiple sizes because I'm not going to use the other ones. I normally use the Ortofon silicone Medium eartips. These have almost the perfect size. The Large hurt my ears and the small don't give me any seal. Can somebody maybe help me with choosing the right size of the Spinfit? Thank you!

get a ruler either physical or there are apps then measure the width of the tip that you find most comfortable, then get the Spinfit that is slightly smaller than that tip. You want smaller because the Spinfit are designed to go deeper into the canal.

The tip widths for the Spinfits are.

Model : CP100
Available sizes : L, M, S, XS
Tip diameters :
L size   : 13mm
M size  : 12mm
S size   : 11mm
XS size : 10mm

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #747 of 1,133
  get a ruler either physical or there are apps then measure the width of the tip that you find most comfortable, then get the Spinfit that is slightly smaller than that tip. You want smaller because the Spinfit are designed to go deeper into the canal.

The tip widths for the Spinfits are.

Model : CP100
Available sizes : L, M, S, XS
Tip diameters :
L size   : 13mm
M size  : 12mm
S size   : 11mm
XS size : 10mm

Smart! Thank you for the tip! Going to do it right now so I can order them.

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #748 of 1,133
Thought I'd drop in.  Just got the 800s for my 846.  Finally get to hear all the bass people were talking about without having to replace the filters.  Sold!
So much that I ordered some 100s to try on my Angies, as the spirals keep sliding off and sticking in the earhole.  I'll know, tomorrow if they work.  Sorry to interupt; just had to tell someone.

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #749 of 1,133

Users who are viewing this thread

Back