Spiderman 3 Trailer
Jun 28, 2006 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Homeless

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone else excited to see this movie? I realize that it's pretty well a year a way still, but I think it looks good so far.

Sandman looks cool, but considering he is in it, plus Green Goblin...I think Eddie Brock will be developed and Venom will make an appearance at the end and be the main villian in #4

Anyway, you can see the trailer here...

Jun 28, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
Looks pretty cool eh...

What do you think of Topher Grace playing Eddie Brock?

Topher is too scrawny, but I hope Spiderman 3 can be pulled off despite spreading the movie a bit thin with too much at once.

I like the darker angle, though.

Jun 28, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #10 of 26
Plenty of similarities to the 90s TAS (cartoon). Yes I watched that, it was awesome in its time!

My favorite part of the teaser is the end, when he's looking around not sure of where he is at first, then realizes he's hanging upside down...in the middle of NYC...with the black "costume" on...straight from the cartoon!

Jun 28, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Plenty of similarities to the 90s TAS (cartoon). Yes I watched that, it was awesome in its time!

Hey, I loved that show! Most of what I know about Spiderman came from there.

Jun 28, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #13 of 26
I'm really excited for this movie as well. The last comics I read were the Secret Wars stuff. That series is where the symbiote suit was born. I really hope the movie does this story justice. I was really happy with the first two. My guess is that the black suit in this movie will be some kind of Ozcorp. technology. I'm not sure they could integrate that alien/symbiote story. But I do hope the suit is sentient like it was in the comic.

When Spiderman first came out in movie form I never would have thought they would do a Venom story. But it looks like it's going to happen. Imagine how cool that's going to look! The CGI is going to be sick. Topher Grace is ok, I guess. But Brock is supposed to be an enormously strong person without the suit. The suit then augments his strength to the same degree as Spiderman, so he is actually stronger than Spiderman (he's starting from a higher baseline, if you will...).

Anyway, I don't want to nitpick things that don't even exist. Nothing makes one look like a geek more than speculative criticism!

Jun 28, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #14 of 26
Big fan of the movies here. Looks like it will haul in a lot of cash. I cannot wait for this one.

Jun 28, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #15 of 26
excellent points.

I can't remember the Marvel 616 Brock well enough, but in the Ultimate Universe (from which they might draw, since the symbiote was not alien born, rather it was created by Peter's father), Brock was not big and buff. He was just an ordinary looking blonde guy a bit taller than Petey. So I'm figuring that's the route they went for Spiderman 3, but as mentioned, the symbiote is perhaps a product of Oscorp. There are going to be tons of creative licenses taken anyway, movies are movies afterall..they're never quite right (compared to the source material)
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita
Topher Grace is ok, I guess. But Brock is supposed to be an enormously strong person without the suit. The suit then augments his strength to the same degree as Spiderman, so he is actually stronger than Spiderman (he's starting from a higher baseline, if you will...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back