Spiderman 3 Trailer
Jun 29, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanahachi
excellent points.

I can't remember the Marvel 616 Brock well enough, but in the Ultimate Universe (from which they might draw, since the symbiote was not alien born, rather it was created by Peter's father), Brock was not big and buff. He was just an ordinary looking blonde guy a bit taller than Petey.

I think it's more "there ain't that many marketable giant buff guys in Hollywood anymore" than any similiarity to the comic books. Mickey Rourke (or similiar) would have made for a better Venom. /nitpick

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita
My guess is that the black suit in this movie will be some kind of Ozcorp. technology. I'm not sure they could integrate that alien/symbiote story. But I do hope the suit is sentient like it was in the comic.

My guess would be "side effect of spider bite".

Jun 29, 2006 at 1:18 PM Post #19 of 26
i agree they probably won't go into the Secret Wars stuff. Just a little too weird for the storyline thus far. Maybe the symbiote arrives on a crashing asteroid and Ozcorp obtains it for some research. This would put Brock as an employee of Ozcorp perhaps? Or maybe he's doing some late-nite investigative "reporting" on the incident at Ozcorp and he gets more than he bargained for?

I'm really looking forward to the Sandman CGI. Should blow The Mummy out of the water!

I've heard a rumor that Carnage and/or Scorpion may be in the 4th one.

Jun 29, 2006 at 2:19 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Plenty of similarities to the 90s TAS (cartoon). Yes I watched that, it was awesome in its time!

My favorite part of the teaser is the end, when he's looking around not sure of where he is at first, then realizes he's hanging upside down...in the middle of NYC...with the black "costume" on...straight from the cartoon!

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the trailer..

Jun 29, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita
I'm really excited for this movie as well. The last comics I read were the Secret Wars stuff. That series is where the symbiote suit was born.

yeah, I actually own the comic books where the black suit was first introduced. They are in mint condish. I wonder what they are worth these days....

hmmmmm

Jun 29, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
yeah, I actually own the comic books where the black suit was first introduced. They are in mint condish. I wonder what they are worth these days....

hmmmmm

I bet they shoot up come next summer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back