Spent So Much Money and Still Disappointed
Feb 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #166 of 186
Ear-rape
very_evil_smiley.gif
devil_face.gif
deadhorse.gif

Quote:
He says they have low tones and they sound nice so he clearly hears bass.  I'm thinking all he wants is impact.  I was wrong when I said the XB500s would be the last headphone to try.  There's also the skullcandy skullcrushers with their built in vibrators.  :D

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #168 of 186
i am a professional dj i do all the trance nation cds and anjunabeats with above and beyond and a state of trance cds with armin van burren and in search of sunrise albums with tiesto and club lifes i have a evo 6 with a martin logan sound system built into to it that's what there have in the top clubs like pacha cream and the ministry of sound so i would know a thing or two about what you are talking about i agree with what you are saying that the denons have got no ******* bass like senns but some of them have like the senns addidas hd ones send them back and tell them you got the wrong ones by mistake if you are not happy with them and get the ones that skamp has got or the akg 450s but don't be getting your hopes up with the xb500 thinking they are the ones what you are looking for because they are not i think i would know i have heard them and they sound muffled and you can't hear any detail or anything through them but they have a decent bass but when you turn them up the bass starts to fart a bit..good luck my friend i hope you find what you are looking for i am lucky and have got a local richer sounds store to ask if i need advice!

Feb 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #169 of 186
Guys, stop feeding the troll...

He just has a different idea of what sounds good, you guys just didn't listen to his needs and gave him some terrible advice. The only good advice I've seen here is pertaining to the Sony XB500/700 and the Denon AH-D1100… THAT's the kind of headphones he wants. They may not be what you consider hi-fi, but they sure match the OP's desires better.

Feb 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #170 of 186

Quote:
 These Denon's don't have any bass. None. There is no punch, no bump, no vibration...

No vibration
confused.gif

I dont think this is something most of us look for in a headphone. The closest I'll come to sort of agreeing with you though, is I returned the pair I had because I found the signature of the d2000 to be too polite. In Audiophile terms the d2000's arent very PRaTty IMO. Maybe it's not bass you're after but something more aggresive with some attack. In that regard maybe our martin is right and you want some Grado's

Feb 23, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #175 of 186
As far as I can tell, you want a headphone that has reasonable clarity but an emphasis on bass impact and thump with good presence in the lower frequencies. From my experience, I can't imagine how the Ultrasone HFI-580 would disappoint you. That would definitely be the headphone I would recommend given those criteria. It won't blow you away with resolution, but it should sound better than something like Beats in the mid and high frequencies as well as have more refined and impactful bass at a fraction of the price. It remains the bassiest headphone I've used that didn't disappoint me in terms of clarity; given this performance, I think the price is generally pretty reasonable. Definitely worth looking into.

Feb 23, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #176 of 186
OK, see where the OP is coming from now in terms of sound reproduction. To say the Denons have no bass, well go get yourself a set of Dre's and listen to your files at 128k as if you think the Denons have no bass your obviously of the type who thinks those cars with bass bins that rattle the door is bass so you have no idea what real bass reproduction is about! Done with this thread. Not sure why I waste time contributing to rubbish like this!

Feb 23, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #177 of 186

Quote:
OK, see where the OP is coming from now in terms of sound reproduction. To say the Denons have no bass, well go get yourself a set of Dre's and listen to your files at 128k as if you think the Denons have no bass your obviously of the type who thinks those cars with bass bins that rattle the door is bass so you have no idea what real bass reproduction is about! Done with this thread. Not sure why I waste time contributing to rubbish like this!

Quit being a dick. People have different tastes.

Feb 23, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #178 of 186
Feb 23, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #179 of 186
i hope he comes back on and gives us all a one to five star review of the sony xb500s he has ordered from amazon and i hope they are what he's looking for...if i am buying something even if they have got a 5 star review and product of the year award i still go to the shop and try them myself it's the only way you will know if you like them..

Feb 23, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #180 of 186
I'm sorry, but have you read the thread and his absurd posts in particular? He's clearly trolling. No headphone will satisfy him as he doesn't understand basic physics. People have been recommending he buys the Beats (which impressed him) since page 1, yet he continues to whine that he was somehow tricked into buying a headphone that doesn't rattle his windows and insult the people here.

1. he pays 350 for cans people here say he can get for low 200s
2. he buys from amazon but says he cant return them
3. he says D2000 have no bass at all
3a. he wants subwoofer bass from cans and implies the beats can do similar
4. he insults the community repeatedly

I have to agree with shamrock, looking kind of trollish

for humor's sake we can add
5. he was impressed by the beats

If you want to troll Head-Fi use this sentence in your OP:
I was ready to give up on headphones when I stepped into a Best Buy and heard a set of Dre Beats and they knocked my socks off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back