Specific Pair of Earphones
Aug 4, 2007 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Ninjax

Head-Fier
I know I've made a bit too many threads now, but I just can't find a good pair. Every time I've named one, someone always saves me from getting ripped off. So I'd just like a few of you members to guide me a little here and recommend me a good pair. Let me just give you a list of earphones which have been excluded.

CrossRoads MylarOne X3 - Perfect, but over my price range
JVC Marshmallow - I heard they sound harsh
Any piece of Koss equipment, as I'm not a fan of theirs

Creative Labs EP-630 Earphones
Sennheiser CX300

As you can see, I made a space for the Creatives and Sennheiser, as they are good but I need a more pairs to choose from. If I don't find any, I'll go for one of these. My price range is £20 or $40, and I'm only looking for in-ear.

Aug 4, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #2 of 8
You're more or less guaranteed to be disappointed unless you're interested in buying used earphones. Which can very easily be sterilized.

You can't get new real CX300's for $40, and i guarantee that the fake ones will disappoint.

Some people here buy and sell headphones more frequently than they take out the trash, so, you may be able to find something good in the marketplace forums.

Aug 5, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

i guarantee that the fake ones will disappoint.

I double that guarantee.

Save for the Mylar 3's they are worth it.

Aug 5, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #4 of 8
Ninjax:

what kind of earphones have you actually tried? anything other than what came with your players?

If you're coming from 'free' earphones, I think the Marshmallows are great. If you're used to better ones, then they're probably not very good.

They're only $20 at US Wal-Marts. Don't think that there's anything cheaper worth trying.

Steve

Aug 5, 2007 at 11:58 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't get new real CX300's for $40, and i guarantee that the fake ones will disappoint.

Wow, I'm pretty surprised you'd say that. Amazon.co.uk are selling a brand new pair of Sennheiser CX300 for £17.44 with free delievery, which makes out to be around $35.60. Heres the link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeZ5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ninjax:

what kind of earphones have you actually tried? anything other than what came with your players?

If you're coming from 'free' earphones, I think the Marshmallows are great. If you're used to better ones, then they're probably not very good.

They're only $20 at US Wal-Marts. Don't think that there's anything cheaper worth trying.

Steve

Do you think it's better than the Creatives and Sennheiser? I've listened to both before, as my brother has a pair, and when theres no music playing, it seems to have some sort of hissing sound, anyway to get rid of that.

Aug 5, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #6 of 8
^Seems like CX300 is having a little price crash since the new CX400/500 are gonna be on sell next few months... Don't really like CX300 anyway, too harsh. EP-630 is more of my taste, but X3 is the better choice.

Aug 5, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #7 of 8
Yesterday I plugged in my Creative EP-630 to my ipod (after 3 hours of the Super.fi 3's) and it was so muddy compared to what I had been listening to, I will never go below $60 for IEM's again, they are good if you are just starting to get IEM's, but if you've listened to any pair of "great" headphones for some time, you will surely not like it. Save a little more money, and buy the Super.fi 3's, I guarantee you you won't be dissapointed, it's about 38 more euros (?) then you're willing to spend, but the difference in clarity is so worth it.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Ear...6332736&sr=8-2

Aug 5, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CrossRoads MylarOne X3 - Perfect, but over my price range
JVC Marshmallow - I heard they sound harsh
Any piece of Koss equipment, as I'm not a fan of theirs

cheap, good sounding phones and you eliminate the ksc-75 and the marshmallows right away. thats a bummer. i'd save up and get the x3's too, if possible.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back