Special price for buying FiiO X3 (2nd gen) to customers with X3(1st gen)
Apr 3, 2015 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO

----  This special promotion ended on April 15th with all 200 units sold out.  Thanks for your kind participation. 

Background: To show our appreciation to customers who bought our first music player FiiO X3, we allocate 200pcs of X3 (2nd gen) to run this activity from the very first mass production. Customers with old X3 can buy this new X3 (2nd gen) at a special price with 20% off from the real retail price (199.99USD), namely 159.99USD with freight paid ((by UPS, FedEx, DHL or other express).

Target customers: Customers with X3(1st gen) (from abroad outside China).

The timetable:  From April 10th(GMT+0) to April 30th(GMT+0) (or terminate after 200pcs ordered out). .

The purchase platform: FiiO AliExpress(http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1473108)           

Note: The selling price on AliExpress is just a reference one which will be higher than real market price, but we will revise it to the special price (159.99USD) after we got your proof-of-purchase for the old X3.

The details of the activity:

1. Method to provide the proof-of-purchase for the X3(1st gen):
Through the Aliexpress platform: after you added the item to your cart, please provide the 14-digit serial number or 20-digit security code or the purchasing records or purchasing invoice or other buying certificates to the column of “Leave a message for the seller” before making payment. Price will be revised to 159.99USD once we checked the validity of the information.

2. Matters needing attention for the purchase:
A. Please don't pay after you added the item to your cart. Wait till we revise the price to 159.99USD once your proof-of-purchase had been confirmed.
B. Please try to settle the payment within 24hrs after we revised the price.
C. Please provide us with the detailed delivery information(required for delivery) as follows via Aliexpress:
Detailed address, Contact person, Phone number and Postal code.
D. FiiO will choose the most convenient way to dispatch your goods, such as DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc.
Or you can inform us of your preferred expressand other special requirements.
  3. Statements:
A.The quantity of X3 (2nd gen) for this activity is limited to 200pcs. Normally it based on the principle of “First come, first served” and activity ends once the 200pcs ordered out.
B. This activity is to acknowledge the X3 users, so all the X3 users can take part in.
C. Considering the limited quantity, one quota can be allocated to one valid proof-of-purchase.
D. If there is any repetition of product serial numberor security code, FiiO has the right to ask for further information.
E. If the customer fails to provide any purchase information for X3 when buying X3 2nd gen from FiiO Aliexpress, there will be no special price offered.
F. FiiO reserves the right of final explanation and revision for this activity.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 5, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #2 of 32
Hello,

I bought an X3 last year through Audio Garden, a French reseller.
There was no warranty card mentioning either the serial n° nor the security code included in the box.

And there's no serial n° on the X3 itself that I can see.

You are mentioning the possibility of providing a "purchasing invoice or other buying certificate" in the "leave a message to the reseller" column, but how ?
I do have a pdf invoice, but is it possible to attach a pdf document in the "leave a message to the reseller" column ?

Thanks,

Tripped

Apr 6, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 32
  Hello,

There was no warranty card mentioning either the serial n° nor the security code included in the box.

You are mentioning the possibility of providing a "purchasing invoice or other buying certificate" in the "leave a message to the reseller" column, but how ?
I do have a pdf invoice, but is it possible to attach a pdf document in the "leave a message to the reseller" column ?

Thanks,

Tripped

I don't have an X3, but with my X1, the serial number can be found in the 'About' page in the system settings. Hopefully, it'll be there for you as well.

Apr 6, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 32
Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately, no.
I've just checked, and everything seems to be in there… except the serial n° (FW 3.34).

frown.gif

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #6 of 32
Hello,

Thanks,

Tripped

Hello Tripped,
There should be an authenticity code on the box like this:

The "scratch query" may be scratched off to reveal the unique security code for your X3.

Do you see it on yours?

Regarding image or pdf attachments, you may provide a download link to your pdf in the "leave a message to the reseller" column. Would that work?
It would help if your file hosting service is accessible from China.

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 7, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #7 of 32
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked and I don't have any authenticity code on the box.
So basically, now I have absolutely no way of knowing the serial n° of my X3...

But the download link for the pdf invoice is a good idea. All I need now is a file hosting service accessible from china (your link will come in handy!).

Thanks a lot !

Best regards,

Tripped

Ps :
By the way, what's the use for the security code ?
Is it a big deal if I don't have mine ?

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #8 of 32
AliExpress has this item up already, but they have the price listed at $260 (not $199 as expected). Did the price go up?

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #9 of 32
"Note: The selling price on AliExpress is just a reference one which will be higher than real market price, but we will revise it to the special price (159.99USD) after we got your proof-of-purchase for the old X3."

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #10 of 32
  "Note: The selling price on AliExpress is just a reference one which will be higher than real market price, but we will revise it to the special price (159.99USD) after we got your proof-of-purchase for the old X3."

Thanks. Yes, I guess I didn't read it closely enough.

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #12 of 32

That is all.
beerchug.gif

Apr 10, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #14 of 32
Guys,

be careful! I just tried to use this discount process and from the looks of it I ordered a X3 for 260$.

I followed what was explained above but for some reason my proof picture did not go through the first time. FiiO send me a message stating that and I tried again and the picture went through. I then got the following message from FiiO:
 hello C.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FiiO-X3-2nd-Gen-Digital-music-player/32311467758.html.
please kindly make order,after we check your information and we will adjust price for you 
B,R

So I made the order but the price does not look to be adjusted.

Maybe the FiiO guys should give some more details how this works.

Hope that helps!

Apr 10, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #15 of 32
Guys,

be careful! I just tried to order the X3 via the discount process described above and from the looks of it I bought it for $260!

I followed the the steps above and send out the proof of purchase which for some reason did not include the picture of the proof. FiiO send me a message stating that and I answered them and this time the picture went through. I then received the following message:

hello C.
(link to the X3 product)
please kindly make order,after we check your information and we will adjust price for you 
B,R

I made my order but it looks like the price was not changed. I am not sure how this process should work and how I know the price was changed so maybe the FiiO guys can give a bit more information.

But as I said, I think I paid $260 for that thing...

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back