Special price for buying FiiO X3 (2nd gen) to customers with X3(1st gen)
Apr 10, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #16 of 32
Hi, sorry that my first post here is a moan, but I ordered the X3 just after midnight (GMT) with all my serial numbers etc. and I still haven't had any kind of confirmation that I can pay the reduced price. I've sent messages, I've emailed, but nobody has got back in touch with me. The item is still showing in my orders, and because I'm paying in Sterling and the exchange rate has altered, it looks like when the price is revised I'll end up paying slightly more as well.

Is there anybody here who can look into this for me please? Just tell me who to email or message. Thanks. I'm just hoping that by the time this is sorted, the 200 aren't gone and I missed out altogether.

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #17 of 32
Guys,

be careful! I just tried to order the X3 via the discount process described above and from the looks of it I bought it for $260!

I followed the the steps above and send out the proof of purchase which for some reason did not include the picture of the proof. FiiO send me a message stating that and I answered them and this time the picture went through. I then received the following message:

hello C.

(link to the X3 product)

please kindly make order,after we check your information and we will adjust price for you 

B,R

I made my order but it looks like the price was not changed. I am not sure how this process should work and how I know the price was changed so maybe the FiiO guys can give a bit more information.

But as I said, I think I paid $260 for that thing...

Hope this helps.

Hi, sorry that my first post here is a moan, but I ordered the X3 just after midnight (GMT) with all my serial numbers etc. and I still haven't had any kind of confirmation that I can pay the reduced price. I've sent messages, I've emailed, but nobody has got back in touch with me. The item is still showing in my orders, and because I'm paying in Sterling and the exchange rate has altered, it looks like when the price is revised I'll end up paying slightly more as well.

Is there anybody here who can look into this for me please? Just tell me who to email or message. Thanks. I'm just hoping that by the time this is sorted, the 200 aren't gone and I missed out altogether.

Hey guys,

What you need to do is fill in your order details, click "Place Order", then in the next page where you are asked to enter your VISA (etc.) info, click on the "refresh" button here

The reduced price will appear if we have finished reviewing your proof of purchase for the 1st gen X3. Then you can finish filling in your VISA info and press "Pay Now".

Do NOT hit "Pay Now" if the price has not been revised.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 10, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #18 of 32
Thanks for that Joe, however I've tried and it still isn't working. I've sent messages, emails, I've even uploaded a picture of the codes on the packaging, but almost 24 hours after making my order nothing is changing.

Apr 11, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #21 of 32
Patience is a virtue - I finally got the reduced price! I was just surprised that after being so quick to take up the offer - literally minutes after midnight - it took so long to complete. I should have shut up and waited, but I really was panicking in case I missed out. Thanks to everyone concerned.

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #22 of 32
  What about VAT or other import duties? Will they be charged at arrival or absolved by the courier?

I am in the UK and I have had a message to say that my package will be delivered on Thursday - super speedy service, or what? - and that I owe a grand total of £4.08 in VAT, which I have now happily paid online. Assuming that there isn't a shock in store and that this is it, I've got myself an absolute bargain.

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #23 of 32
Same here guys!
All good. They canceled the order I put in for $260 and I just paid the waybill for getting it delivered for the special price!
Took some time to get it fixed but it was mainly my fault so I am happy now.
Thanks again FiiO and Joe!

Apr 17, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #24 of 32
Received my X3 II today. Only three days from Hong Kong! Listening to it now. It's a thing of beauty. Already boxing up my Gen 1 to list on Ebay!

Thanks Fiio for letting us do this and sending them out so fast!

Only gripe: no volume control with in-line remote.

Apr 17, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #25 of 32
  Received my X3 II today. Only three days from Hong Kong! Listening to it now. It's a thing of beauty. Already boxing up my Gen 1 to list on Ebay!

Thanks Fiio for letting us do this and sending them out so fast!

Only gripe: no volume control with in-line remote.

Is "Supports in-line headphone control" under general settings switched to On or Off?

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #27 of 32
  It's switched on. The remote feature works to pause, skip to next track, or go to the previous track; it just doesn't control volume.

Gotcha. Just checking. Yes, that's a bummer that volume doesn't work.

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #29 of 32
Is the SQ improvement worth the upgrade on standard <$200 IEMs?
I only just got my X3 6 months ago.

I've been doing some head to head comparisons and with my $200 IEMs (UE Triple-fi 10s) it's hard to say. I really didn't like the form factor of the Gen 1 X3. The better build with scroll wheel, OTG and improved DAC, and in-line remote are what I wanted all along, so I couldn't resist the Gen 2. Whether the SQ is that much improved is still up for debate.

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #30 of 32
  Is the SQ improvement worth the upgrade on standard <$200 IEMs?
I only just got my X3 6 months ago.

I also purchased my X3 ~6 months ago and wasn't going to jump on the 2nd gen but like any dumb Audi geek, I did.  And I am very happy that I did.  I won't comment on the SQ difference but I can tell you that the sound signature is very different.  And it will be noticed on all IEMs/Headphones.  The original X3 is darker, whereas, X3ii is not.  If you are looking to brighten things up, 2nd gen delivers.  The lifting of the darker sound may give the illusion of more clarity which I am not sure is there.  I loved the original X3 and the only thing that bothered me was the darker sound as I was also using darker IEMs.  The new X3 well complements most of my IEMs.  Also, keep in mind that I always use an external Amp/Dac combo with the X3 (ALO International in this case).

My $0.02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back