SparkoS Aries headphone amp
Dec 6, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #316 of 355
The Sparkos is mind blowingly good sound quality. Perhaps slightly better than my Burson Conductor. But close
Yeah one of the best amp in terms of detail retrieval and sound stage .. wish it had more power though...

Dec 6, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #317 of 355
Yeah one of the best amp in terms of detail retrieval and sound stage .. wish it had more power though...
I agree, in terms of detail retrieval it is the best I've ever heard, resolution is amazing so live music feels very real and life like, microdetails just pops in front of you, lots of information coming from nowhere, bass is spectacular and the background is the blackest and I don't use any EQ at all with D8000 Pro, unfortunately I prefer tubes so I put my unit for sale but way better than Kinki THR-1 and Jotunheim 2, A90, Singxser SA-1 and other amps I had in the past

Feb 3, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #323 of 355
Still waiting for an Aries tube amp :)
It’s just been announced… a Sparkos tube amp. It was mentioned in a newsletter email from Sparkos that I got last week .It is likely to be awesome and I consider myself on the wait list of interested enthusiasts once details emerge.

The only other headphone amp I use after I got the Sparkos Aries is the Auris Nirvana tube amp because of its synergies with the Abyss 1266, it makes the mid range very enjoyable for vocals. The Aries is still more audiophile for classical and some particular tracks calling for “air” such as something like “Tubular bells”.

T

Sep 8, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #324 of 355
How is this amp on planars? Specifically HE1000 V3 (Stealth).

Sep 8, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #328 of 355
Hi, yes for me it's a perfect match. I compared the Sparkos to the Benchmark Hpa4 and preferred the Sparkos although they are very close. It's a very transparent amp so I guess some people may crave a bit more 'colour' however if a clear, detailed and honest reproduction is what you are after it's definitely worth considering.

Sep 8, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #329 of 355
I'm really waiting for a d8000 pro, a few more days and it will be here, do you like the combo?
I had the Aries and with all the pain had to sell it, very bright in my system with Pontus 2 but brings out every detail from any song and it's quite amazing sounding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back