Spanking new AKG K702 burn-in and bass
Feb 23, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #31 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyriel0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For anyone considering K701's, olblueyez gives out the worst advice I have ever seen on any forum.

Well, lets see. I am knocking them because I owned them and didn't like them at all, in other words Im being honest. You on the other hand are telling people I give bad advice because you own the 701 and I have some how injured your feelings with my honest comments. I don't think its me who is providing bad advice. Seems that a lot of people in this thread share my opinion about the 701 headphone and lack of bass. I will make you a deal, I will continure to be honest about the 701's and you continue to bash my every word defending your feelings.
confused_face(1).gif

Deal?

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #33 of 204
You aren't honest about them. You're an idiot that apparently didn't do any research before you made the purchase. Then you just continually complain and cry like a baby that just had candy taken away. You always brag you can make your senn's sound like anything you want by changing tubes. You try that with the K701's before you sold them? Or try a different cable? According to you that's the answer for everything.

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #34 of 204
IMHO you don't get "more" bass with burn in, if anything bass usually becomes more tamed and tighter with burn in. My feeling is that the "more bass" you get in the K702 with burn in is psychological; after a while you just get used to the strengths of the K702 and you forget about what having more bass feels like. i.e you get used to having little bass in your music.

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #35 of 204
I'm under the impression that the 701's and 702's are virtualy the same except for the detachable cable and color?. If that is true I'm wondering where the concern over the"Lack of Bass" coming from. I'm no "Basshead" but I would put the 702's at least up there with the HD650's for bass. They may not be Utra pro900's or Denon AHD5K's but they have an extremely respectable bass for my tastes.

Feb 23, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #36 of 204
There's a very satisfying amount of deep 5-string bass coming out of my K702s when listening to McCartney's Off the Ground disc. Makes me think that the source plays a large role here. Sources which are mixed bass-light are not going to sound big and deep with the K70x. And those who seek that sort of added coloration are not likely to find it.

Feb 23, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #37 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For people considering the 701, it must be said the headphone is sorely lacking bass weight and has an un-natural sound signature.

Your first comment said the K701s have "no bass". Now thats very different from saying they "lack bass weight". You are also suggesting that the OP not give these cans a chance with burn-in and sell them immediately when numerous head-fiers have said that these cans need at least 300 hours our burn-in. I am not suggesting that the OP keep the K701s no matter what (i wouldn't dare make any such suggestion) but it seems like a valid suggestion to give them a chance before selling for a lower price and taking a loss.

You obviously made a bad decision and the K701s were not good for you. Lets just leave it that.
deadhorse.gif

P.S. I hope I am not feeding a troll
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #38 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by rvikul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue_smile.gif

heh, he's basically in every k701 thread telling people they suck. he definitely has some type of vendetta against k701's or akg.

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #39 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by rvikul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your first comment said the K701s have "no bass". Now thats very different from saying they "lack bass weight". You are also suggesting that the OP not give these cans a chance with burn-in and sell them immediately when numerous head-fiers have said that these cans need at least 300 hours our burn-in. I am not suggesting that the OP keep the K701s no matter what (i wouldn't dare make any such suggestion) but it seems like a valid suggestion to give them a chance before selling for a lower price and taking a loss.

You obviously made a bad decision and the K701s were not good for you. Lets just leave it that.
deadhorse.gif

tongue_smile.gif

I'm not trolling, I just think people are stretching things a bit too far when they leed anyone to believe burn in will remedy the missing bass weight. Sure headphones break in but that bass weight will not just magicly appear. Sure he can spend as much time with them as he wants, but if he is riding the fence then he needs to know there may be better options out there for him. I say this for his benefit and for those who are considering the 701 as reading this thread may have people thinking a good run in will change the sound signature of the headphones and it just isnt so. I dont care one bit about people who already own the 701 and have decided they like it, this thread is about bass and the 701, not the 701 admiration club. Everyone of my posts except for the first one has been a reply, not an interjection. As for leaving it at that, I did, and you brought it up again, stop beating your horse and maybe he will get up.
smile.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #40 of 204
Quote:

I'm not trolling, I just think people are stretching things a bit too far when they leed anyone to believe burn in will remedy the missing bass weight. Sure headphones break in but that bass weight will not just magicly appear. Sure he can spend as much time with them as he wants, but if he is riding the fence then he needs to know there may be better options out there for him. I say this for his benefit and for those who are considering the 701 as reading this thread may have people thinking a good run in will change the sound signature of the headphones and it just isnt so. I dont care one bit about people who already own the 701 and have decided they like it, this thread is about bass and the 701, not the 701 admiration club. Everyone of my posts except for the first one has been a reply, not an interjection. As for leaving it at that, I did, and you brought it up again, stop beating your horse and maybe he will get up.
smile.gif

after reading another page and a half of this arguement drone on, I have to agree with blueyez, firstly because when the opposing side turns into "you're an idiot and I hate you", well, it automatically loses

secondly, he's got a valid point, yeah, its obvious he doesn't like the K701/2 (yes they are the same hp btw, sans color and detachable cable), however he's giving a fairly objective and honest view of them

thirdly, you know your arguement sucks when the guy who will champion the K701 over anything on the market (and has had quite heated debates about AKG vs Sennheiser) actually agrees with the guy who's not supporting it
wink.gif

goes back to the original and first thing you should know when buying headphones, you can't turn one headphone, into another headphone, if you hate the sonic signature out of the box, not much will ever change that, if you like the sonic signature but think its a bit shrill or a bit flappy, burn-in might change that, or you might just get used to it, plain and simple

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #41 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
after reading another page and a half of this arguement drone on, I have to agree with blueyez, firstly because when the opposing side turns into "you're an idiot and I hate you", well, it automatically loses

secondly, he's got a valid point, yeah, its obvious he doesn't like the K701/2 (yes they are the same hp btw, sans color and detachable cable), however he's giving a fairly objective and honest view of them

thirdly, you know your arguement sucks when the guy who will champion the K701 over anything on the market (and has had quite heated debates about AKG vs Sennheiser) actually agrees with the guy who's not supporting it
wink.gif

goes back to the original and first thing you should know when buying headphones, you can't turn one headphone, into another headphone, if you hate the sonic signature out of the box, not much will ever change that, if you like the sonic signature but think its a bit shrill or a bit flappy, burn-in might change that, or you might just get used to it, plain and simple

Thanks, I appreciate that.
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #42 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyriel0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You aren't honest about them. You're an idiot that apparently didn't do any research before you made the purchase. Then you just continually complain and cry like a baby that just had candy taken away. You always brag you can make your senn's sound like anything you want by changing tubes. You try that with the K701's before you sold them? Or try a different cable? According to you that's the answer for everything.

Any time you turn to this type of posting it is a poor reflection on your judgement and character.

As you can see below I own many headphones including the 701s. My home system uses Reference 3A monitors, hardly a "bass heads" system. The 701s lack bass depth. It is what it is. The fact is neither good nor bad it just is. Mine have 500 or 600 hours on them, use/burn in will not increase the bass. The 701s are an excellent product particularly for jazz and classical. Like all headphones you are better off listening and purchasing the product that best suits your taste.

Feb 23, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #44 of 204
Ah...we never seem to tire of this one do we..
beyersmile.png

Well, as a K701 owner who really likes this product, I feel it is my duty to defend it as so many are so vocal in condemning it.

Anyone undecided about this headphone, please do yourself the favor of making up your own mind whether the K701/2's bass is adequate for your listening tastes.

Anyone who finds it not adequate I would ask to stop making blatantly false statements like "....has no bass...". This sort of statement is misleading to those who are trying to make an informed buying decision. I think our opinions carry more weight to newcomers when we state them without a bunch of emotional sentiment.

Also, reading opinions on an on-line-forum, when that's all you have to go by, is ok, but is a poor substitute for personal experience. When it's your money being spent, yours is the only opinion that matters.

Can I get an Amen??
beerchug.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #45 of 204
Quote:

Well, lets see. I am knocking them because I owned them and didn't like them at all, in other words Im being honest. You on the other hand are telling people I give bad advice because you own the 701 and I have some how injured your feelings with my honest comments. I don't think its me who is providing bad advice. Seems that a lot of people in this thread share my opinion about the 701 headphone and lack of bass. I will make you a deal, I will continure to be honest about the 701's and you continue to bash my every word defending your feelings.
confused_face(1).gif

Deal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh come on! k701\2 cannot and will not do any kind of deep bass. It's not opinion. This headphones are just not it.

X2!! Its getting tiresome that some fanboys keep people with actual experience with these and other (better!) cans from giving advice. They are not 'bashing' the headphone, they are just putting up a warning sign for the people that are considering buying this headphone, a noble thing to say the least, there is no profit in it for them! It would be nice if people would think before they write.

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgerbimmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any time you turn to this type of posting it is a poor reflection on your judgement and character.

As you can see below I own many headphones including the 701s. My home system uses Reference 3A monitors, hardly a "bass heads" system. The 701s lack bass depth. It is what it is. The fact is neither good nor bad it just is. Mine have 500 or 600 hours on them, use/burn in will not increase the bass. The 701s are an excellent product particularly for jazz and classical. Like all headphones you are better off listening and purchasing the product that best suits your taste.

Exactly. Whether the K701 is a good or a bad headphone, thats all up to you. However, if you just compare the bass response to other headphones, it is a 'bass light' headphone. It is not a natural presentation of how bass is in the real world. This could be to your liking, but thats a different story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah...we never seem to tire of this one do we..
beyersmile.png

Well, as a K701 owner who really likes this product, I feel it is my duty to defend it as so many are so vocal in condemning it.

Anyone undecided about this headphone, please do yourself the favor of making up your own mind whether the K701/2's bass is adequate for your listening tastes.

Anyone who finds it not adequate I would ask to stop making blatantly false statements like "....has no bass...". This sort of statement is misleading to those who are trying to make an informed buying decision. I think our opinions carry more weight to newcomers when we state them without a bunch of emotional sentiment.

Also, reading opinions on an on-line-forum, when that's all you have to go by, is ok, but is a poor substitute for personal experience. When it's your money being spent, yours is the only opinion that matters.

Can I get an Amen??
beerchug.gif

Amen
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back