Southern CanFEST 2009
Feb 21, 2009 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 243

speedingredline

100+ Head-Fier
I was all set to go, but didn't get out of work till 6AM. No way I would have made it alive.

[size=large]MODERATOR NOTE: This post kicks off the Southern CanFEST 2009 Meet Impressions because these posts were moved from the original Meet announcement thread. In short, you are now in the official Southern CanFEST 2009 Meet Impressions Thread.[/size]

Feb 21, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 243
Thanks to Danny and all of those involved in setting this up...it was GREAT!!!

I'll have to say that it was a very 'ear-opening' experience. I've had HD600's for several years, but I haven't used them much due to a lack of a headphone amp. Well, I guess that I'm going to have to remedy that, soon.

Also, Joe Grado was fabulous...a true honor to hear him talk.

Feb 21, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #3 of 243
I was really looking forward to this meeting and than had to host a local seminar. bummer
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #5 of 243
Thanks to Danny & all , Great Job ! No doubt hands on [ears] is the way to go before you put down the green , even under meet conditions . A lot of nice people with personalities to match .

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #6 of 243
First time to the meeting, great people, great experience. Finally I got a reference of what a good system should sound. and I love Joe Grado's presentation!

But the biggest reward I got is: Even my wife who enjoy her laptop build-in speakers fall in love with the R10, she told me if I spend $ for some equipment, at least now she can understand why. Wow! Mr. Samuels, thanks for bringing the R10 to the meeting, you just save my hobby
k701smile.gif
k701smile.gif
k701smile.gif

Danny, thanks a lot for organizing the meeting!!!

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #7 of 243
What a day! Got to meet some really nice people who are audionutz like me.
Finally heard AKG K1000's for the first time. Met and listened to the legendary Joe Grado. Also got to hear e'stats on some dedicated stat amps, KGSS, STAX 007t and Woo GES.
Thanks again DannyB and all who helped with this event!

And oh yeah.....the icing on the cake, I won a Cary Audio Xciter DAC in the raffle, thanks Dennis....woohooooo!

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #11 of 243
There are some in the original thread.

My impressions were many and varied, but safe to say it was a crowded and loud meet to test headphones. Enjoyed many electrostatics and various amps.

Favorite moments:
Lambda Pro & SR 007 mkII
Fitz total eclipse amplifier with K240
Joe Grado's talk

Tried many many headphones and gear, impressions are not going to be very detailed. I ended up buying the SR225 and getting them signed. Really nice putting together more faces to screen names, had a great time. I may upload some pics later from the phone, only took a few.

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #14 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just moved the impressions and pics from the other thread to here.

Ok, that explains why my post (which started the tread here) is now like the tenth post and not the first.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back