Southern California Meet: August 2006
Jun 22, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #106 of 322
Hey 909,

I can take care of the power strips. I have 2 or 3 boxes which should be enough for everyone.

I can attend on Saturday only and can bring the following gear:

Cary 306/200 CD Player
Headroom Micro Stack (connected via RnB180 Black Diamond)
iRiver H120 (Rockbox)
iRiver H320 (Rockbox)
Sennheiser HD650 (with Stefan AudioArt Equinox cable)

I also have 3 pairs of Grover UR7 cables (2 with silver RCAs and one with Gold RCAs) if anyone wants to try them out.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Regards,

Jun 23, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #107 of 322
With your boatload of power strips we've got that base covered. Thanks again for proving them.

How do you like the Equinox cable with your HD650s? And how does it compare to the stock cable? I am probably going to bite the bullet and place my order, but his cables are backorder for something like 3 months. I hate the wait.

Jun 23, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #108 of 322
I like the cable a lot. I use this rig at work and never really got to do a proper comparison. I will probably take it home a week or two before the meet to give them both a serious listen.

I bought mine at Dedicated Audio and had the cable in a few days. Their website says that they have some coming in at the end of June which is quickly approaching. You might want to give them a call.

Regards,

Jun 23, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #109 of 322
Thanks, Jeff. I am curious to hear your impressions.

I called them, but they haven't return my call as of yet. But I thought their prices were much higher than TTVJ and even Stefan AudioArt Equinox online price list. I am also considering an 11 foot cable too. I'll call them again.

Jun 23, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #110 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
Also, we need extension cords and power strips so if you can bring some please post it here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbcrusher
I can take care of the power strips. I have 2 or 3 boxes which should be enough for everyone.

I have all the plug strips and extension cord from the National Meet that I'd be happy to bring along. So if it's any trouble for you, bbcrusher, or you don't think there may be anough, I'll be happy to help. Lemme know.

Jun 23, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #111 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
I have all the plug strips and extension cord from the National Meet that I'd be happy to bring along. So if it's any trouble for you, bbcrusher, or you don't think there may be anough, I'll be happy to help. Lemme know.

Better to have more than not enough.

I know we need extension cords, but Jeff seriously has a lot of power strips.

Tyll, what about bringing the GS-1000s?
icon10.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #112 of 322
Assuming that no scheduling conflicts come up, I'll hopefully come on Sunday. As of right now my contribution to the available gear is a bit on the lower end, but it's better than nothing, right?

Sony D77 Discman (I haven't found any info on this one, so I'm curious about other people's opinions)
Somewhat broken iRiver iMP-550
iAudio X5 with Rockbox
Second generation iPod mini with Rockbox
Meier HeadFive
Shure E5c
Beyerdynamic DT770-250
Somewhat broken Grado SR-60

If my current bout of upgradeitis continues, there's a good chance that I'll also bring along Alessandro MS-2 (or MS-Pro if I really lose it).

Jun 24, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #114 of 322
I would like to attend but since I am new here I have no idea where this dance studio is???? Is there a charge at the door? Are any vendors demo-ing any products like headphone amps? What time do the doors open and close?
580smile.gif

Jun 25, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #115 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by guru388
I would like to attend but since I am new here I have no idea where this dance studio is???? Is there a charge at the door? Are any vendors demo-ing any products like headphone amps? What time do the doors open and close?
580smile.gif

The studio is in Westlake Village, CA 91362. The specific address will be provided via pm a few days prior to the meet. There is no cover. If you check out the first post, you'll see trade members such as Eddie Current, Headamp, HeadRoom, and RS Audio just to name a few will be attending and, of course, they aren't showing up empty handed. There will be a lot of headphone amps and such. Doors will open at 10:30 AM. We usually don't have a set close time. Check out the first post I haven't updated it recently, but it should be a good starting point.
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #116 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by surfboardz26
I just got word that justin is not going to bring a Aristaeus as they are still in the process of being built.

OMG... You gotta be kidding
frown.gif

Jun 29, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #117 of 322
do you know if the new hybrid eddie current amp will be there? (and any chance of the HD25 showing up?)

Jun 29, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #118 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
do you know if the new hybrid eddie current amp will be there? (and any chance of the HD25 showing up?)

Last time a Head-Fier brought his HD25, so I will ask him to bring it again, if he still has it. As for the EC-Hybrid, I do not know. But tomorrow, I will ask Craig about it. Craig has informed me that he will have a Zana Deux at the meet, which I am looking forward to hearing again.
icon10.gif

Jun 29, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #120 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
I don't remember the HD 25 being there. Wasn't it the HD 300?

Well, that picture is a very interesting piece of convincing evidence.
icon10.gif

Don't judge an amp by it's label...
tongue.gif

But the HD300 only drives high impedance cans like the HD650s.

I believe the headphones jacked in the picture are mod Grado RS-1s. Did you listen to this amp? If so, what were the headphones?

I’ll ask Craig tomorrow, but I suspect this is a HD25 in a HD300 labeled chassis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back