Southern California Meet: August 2006
Jun 21, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #91 of 322
Is it easy to get cheap transportation from LAX to the venue? Or any way to hook a ride from someone who lives in LA? I want to attend another big meet and am willing to fly out!
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #92 of 322
Do a Google search for "shuttle from LAX"

Call a few a shuttle services and get a price quote to Westlake Village, CA 91362 from LAX. If you need anything else just let me know.

Please post the best price you find and the company's contact info.

Jun 21, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #94 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens

Since I'm not crossing any borders (going to Canada shortly) I can take a few requests. I do have an Orpheus if you want me to bring one. I'll bring our Wadia for our Balanced Max (I usually travel with a Meridian 588 which isn't quite as good).

I'll try to bring a wierd array of cans, I'll let you know what I can scrounge up at the time.

Oh! I think I'll still have plent coffee cups and HeadRoom wire wraps!

Woot Tyll is in!!!
biggrin.gif

Could you also bring some ER-20s for us to purchase?

Jun 21, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #95 of 322
Hey 909, you should add the Shure and UE lines to the headphones that will be there. There might be one or two missing types, but most (if not all) of the products from the two companies should be there. In addition, Sugarfried (from Shure) said he'd bring/send us yellow foam tips to use.

Jun 21, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #96 of 322
OK; I'll add the Shure and UE line to the equipment list.

Do you think Shure or/and UE might send one of their reps to the meet?

What about requesting a raffle donatation?

I've got some emails to send this weekend.

Jun 21, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #97 of 322
I'm thinking about making this a roadtrip instead...whose place can I crash at? Any volunteers? Pretty please?
wink.gif

I'd be able to contribute my Arcam, LDM+, Panasonic PCDP, ATH-ES5, K701, DT880, and HD600 (going to be selling most of the components I've excluded). And my cables of course (see profile for info).

Jun 21, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #98 of 322
I live in Santa Monica, and I think I can make it. I can bring my LD2, Grado SR-225's, HD-580's, and iPod, and PX100's.
I also have DT-880's I can bring, and a MINT amp.

Jun 21, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #99 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
I'll be happy to send them of to you for recabling as long as your willing to do the extended listening tests and evaluation.
basshead.gif
Oh, my aching ears!

Sure... the comparison will be against the PX100
very_evil_smiley.gif
eek.gif

Seriously: i'm not sure yet on weather i'll be modding the AD1854 dac before the meet. i want to, but if you guys want to listen to a stock i'm willing to hold off for a couple of months.
also: Tyll, is it gonna be a home or desktop module inside the hybrid millet?

Jun 22, 2006 at 12:53 AM Post #100 of 322
[size=medium]
FOOD
[/size]
Would you like to have lunch and/or dinner at the meet?

Lunch will be served around noon and dinner around 6:00pm, nothing like a bunch of hungry and grumpy Head-Fiers that need some real subsistence.

*Tentative Meals
Saturday
Lunch: tri-tip sandwich, chicken sandwich, and spicy chicken sandwich
Dinner: supreme pizza, pepperoni pizza, and cheese pizza

Sunday
Lunch: roast beef deli sandwich, turkey deli sandwich, and ham deli sandwich
Dinner: Orange Flavored Chicken, Beef with Broccoli, fried rice and chow mein

If you would like to order one or more meals, I am estimating each meal should be about $7.00 (cash only).

Jun 22, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #101 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
OK; I'll add the Shure and UE line to the equipment list.

Do you think Shure or/and UE might send one of their reps to the meet?

What about requesting a raffle donatation?

I've got some emails to send this weekend.

As I already mentioned, both are going to try to attend, but it was too early for them to confirm that they could actually make it.

Both did mention that they would provide demos regardless of whether or not they could come.

I will personally be bringing (or sending with Edwood, Iron_Dreamer, or LFF if I can't make it for some unknown reason):

Shure E2
Shure E4g
Shure E5
UE Super.Fi 5 Pro

Sugarfried will either bring the E500, send it with another Shure rep, or send it to me to bring. If he or one of the other reps comes I'm sure they'll bring an E3 as well. If they can't make it and there's interest I can try to get him to send out an E3 as well. As I mentioned before, Sugarfried also said he'd make sure we had plenty of yellow tips to use so everyone could try the various Shure earphones. For comparison, these same eartips can be used on Etymotics and Westone earphones as well.

I need to talk to Mike to get more specifics on what he'll be bringing or having one of us bring. I'll give him a call tomorrow and try to figure that out.

909, you may want to contact Etymotics and Westone to see if they'd like to attend or send out samples of their products as well. If you like I can take care of this for you.

I'll ask them about raffle donations when I talk to them again.

Jun 22, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #102 of 322
Oops, I missed that.
eek.gif

Thanks for the clarification....

Everyone, please check-out post 100 (got food?)
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
909, you may want to contact Etymotics and Westone to see if they'd like to attend or send out samples of their products as well. If you like I can take care of this for you.

I'll ask them about raffle donations when I talk to them again.

Your help would be greatly appreciated, so please contact them. I am getting the table situation squared away and if Head-Fiers want lunch and dinner they can review post 100 and contact me.

Jun 22, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #103 of 322
Mike from UE said either Jerry would be there or He (Mike) and the audiologist (Noy) would stop by (let's hope for all of them
wink.gif
)

They will provide Demos of the following:

Triple X (if it's going to be out at that time or if the demo is available)

UE-10 Demo units (Old Style based of of the actual custom unit and newer style one that's fitted with the Super.Fi tip)

UE-5c and UE-5 Pro

Super.Fi 5 EB

Super.Fi 3 Studio

It also sounds like they'll provide us with some fresh tips so we don't have any sanitation issues.

I'll stop by and pick everything up before a day or two before the meet.

They will provide a Super.Fi 5 Pro for the raffle. It will be the new style with an onyx black paint and the 2.0 cable.

Jun 22, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #104 of 322
In addition to signing up for lunch and dinner, let's also start signing up for what we can bring in terms of snacks, coolers, Ice, and drinks.

We could use the following:

4 or 5 Large Coolers

4 or 5 Large Bags of Ice

A variety of chips, dips, and salsa

Soft Drinks

A vegetable platter (something a little healthy might be nice
wink.gif
)

etc.

I'll provide a case of bottled water, possibly more, let's see what my budget is like at the time.

Jun 22, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #105 of 322
I have a medium sized cooler that I can bring.

I’ll need to think about the booze, but it shouldn’t be a problem.

If anyone can bring snack foods (healthy ones too), beverages, ice, and coolers as Jasper994 suggested please post what you plan to bring in the thread.

Also, we need extension cords and power strips so if you can bring some please post it here.

On Friday, I'll reserve 13 (8 foot) tables for the meet. I hope that is enough table space for everyone…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back