Southern California CAN MEET 10.18.08 - It's ON! -
Aug 29, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #31 of 210
I am coming, bringning my Entech 203.2, Senn 600's with diy cable, mg head mk3 otl, some tubes, a few cds and records. And I can bring a cmoy for the person who asked.

Aug 29, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #33 of 210
Oh, I forgot to mention the modest set of things I'll be bringing:

Denon AH-D5000
Grado SR-60 (electrical-taped for greater bass, with bowl pads)
Razer Pro|Tone m250
EMU 0202 USB 2.0
Pocket Amp 2 Version 2
MacBook with 65GB of music on it
iPod that can, sadly, only fit 28GB of that music on it
SendStation PocketDock Line Out

Aug 29, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #34 of 210
those that indicated interest should receive a pm shortly with the ticket details. i am pleased to report we've already sold 4 tickets.
smile.gif

Aug 29, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #40 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heheh, there is a lot of places we can go to, we should hit Hermosa Beach the first day.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm up for Hermosa although not much in the way of beer bars according the the advocate.

it is a bit of a ride but Beachwood BBQ in Seal Beach is the best beer bar down there. Not the most taps mind you but Gabe the owner knows his beers and has connections second to none. David and I have been trying to get to Father Office for a beer but it keeps not working out. Please I beg of you no Yard House. I've been to the Library Ale house and that place is a winner if you can get parking.

To those coming up from San Diego/Carlsbad I may need to lean on you to stop off at the bottle shop at Pizza Port in Carlsbad. OMG great stuff.

Aug 29, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #41 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm up for Hermosa although not much in the way of beer bars according the the advocate. [snip] David and I have been trying to get to Father Office for a beer but it keeps not working out.[snip]

father's office probably one of the best beer selections i've ever seen -- check them out on the advocate. i know nothing else better in Los Angeles plus they opened up a new larger location within about twenty to thirty minutes from LAX. and can't forget their burger, which i believe has been named one of the best in the nation, if not the best.

Aug 29, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #44 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
father's office probably one of the best beer selections i've ever seen -- check them out on the advocate. i know nothing else better in Los Angeles plus they opened up a new larger location within about twenty to thirty minutes from LAX. and can't forget their burger, which i believe has been named one of the best in the nation, if not the best.

Definitely a cool place for food as well as beer.
Well known for their burgers too!
Gets crowded though...at least their santa monica location

Aug 29, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #45 of 210
the new location is about three to four times the size and still can get a bit crazy at prime hours, though, the wait has never been that long. i love their light bulbs over the bar -- they look like glowing tubes.

and it's right next door to the jazz bakery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back