Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet Hosted By Overture Audio, Ann Arbor, MI 3.14.15
Mar 25, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #91 of 104
I'm really upset I missed this. I didn't see it was happening until a few days before and was unable to make arrangements. 

When is the next one!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!!!!?!?!?!?! :gs1000smile:

As far as a SE Michigan meet, September is being targeted. More to come!

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #92 of 104
I'd be willing to travel to Grand Rapids for a headphone meet  It's a good excuse to do some record shopping and grab some sushi at Ju Sushi.  

It's only been a few weeks since the Ann Arbor get-together but I've already made a few purchases!  I have a few more items I want to get in the future too.  I'm still putting together my new and improved rig and then I'll post pics of the final setup.

Oh and a crazy question for all of you.  Any ideas on how to split an RCA output into three?  I want to split the signal from my DAC (Bifrost) to go to three amps (Lyr, Valhalla, Asgard).  I emailed Nick from Schiit and he says that the the signal will not be degraded.  

Thanks!

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #93 of 104
  I'd be willing to travel to Grand Rapids for a headphone meet  It's a good excuse to do some record shopping and grab some sushi at Ju Sushi.  

It's only been a few weeks since the Ann Arbor get-together but I've already made a few purchases!  I have a few more items I want to get in the future too.  I'm still putting together my new and improved rig and then I'll post pics of the final setup.

(actually, in Michigan it is legal... but maybe still not smart!)

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #94 of 104

(actually, in Michigan it is legal... but maybe still not smart!)

What about playing vinyl and using headphones, Mr. John?  haha.  Seems even more dangerous to try to steer and flip the record over to side B!

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #95 of 104

You'll have to try Maru this time. It's the newersushi joint in GR. Very, very good :)

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #96 of 104

What about playing vinyl and using headphones, Mr. John?  haha.  Seems even more dangerous to try to steer and flip the record over to side B!

gs1000.gif

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #98 of 104
  Hey all, I just realized how bad the DAC in my phone was, so I'm gonna be trying to get a Sony ZX1 in a reasonable amount of time. I know the better ZX2 is out already, but I still can't justify to myself getting a $1200 source, haha.

Should have made it to Overture to hear Yggdrasil...that's a DAC!

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #99 of 104
  Hey all, I just realized how bad the DAC in my phone was, so I'm gonna be trying to get a Sony ZX1 in a reasonable amount of time. I know the better ZX2 is out already, but I still can't justify to myself getting a $1200 source, haha.

Yes, we missed you there.  Hope you can make it to the next one.  You need to see how everybody's inventory upgraded. The Sony ZX1 and ZX2 look great!  Just pick up a few extra hours of overtime!

Apr 24, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #102 of 104

Hello zabzaf,

what is that red cover on your headphone cable?,  I think you did mention it once but I couldn't keep it in context or remember it.  

the stuff sure looks bright and fresh.

Abarthman seems to be hitting some kind of Superman Status in the Grado Worlds, someone from the other side of the World asked me about him.   I'm gonna take a way closer look at his 800s at my next chance and your Audeze, it was you that has em, aren't you?

Tony in Michigan  

Apr 25, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #103 of 104

Hello zabzaf,

what is that red cover on your headphone cable?,  I think you did mention it once but I couldn't keep it in context or remember it.  

the stuff sure looks bright and fresh.

Abarthman seems to be hitting some kind of Superman Status in the Grado Worlds, someone from the other side of the World asked me about him.   I'm gonna take a way closer look at his 800s at my next chance and your Audeze, it was you that has em, aren't you?

Tony in Michigan  

That, my friend, is called TechFlex PET. It is provides protection to the cable while looking super cool. As far as Adueze LCD-3s, that's me.

Most importantly........mark your calendar. The date and location are set for the fall meet (spoiler alert - Pleasant Ridge, Sept. 19, 2015). I'm working on the thread as we speak!

Apr 25, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #104 of 104
You might want to check this out...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/764209/southeastern-michigan-head-fi-fall-meet-pleasant-ridge-mi-9-19-15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back