South Florida Mini Meet 1/7 impressions
Jan 30, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #196 of 224
I know what you mean, ive listened to the grado line and i found them to be to bright most of the time. I prefer a warm/darker sound to them...MS1's compare to the SR80-125s right? Id like to hear them, but prob best to run them on my smaller amp, cause i think my DV would be to much for them. Have you tried them with just your Larocco?

Jan 30, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #197 of 224
I liked my SR60s. My boss liked them too, and sorta borrowed them forever. I found $40 cash in my paycheck envelope a month or so later with a thank you note for the headphones. I can't complain. He gave me my first ipod and still likes to give me cds.

So, Wed?

Jan 30, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #198 of 224
Weds sounds good to me, im home from class around 12pm. So anytime after that im free.

Jan 30, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #199 of 224
Well, I'm teaching class until 3:00. I'm usually home about 4:30/5:00. I'll pm you my phone number and give you directions that way. Next Wed may be the only free day I have for awhile.

Jan 30, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #200 of 224
You guys are hard core. Keep it up.
icon10.gif

Hey Dom, now that we have Vicky going to CA
wink.gif
, it's time we start pressuring the pressuring you to go.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #202 of 224
ohh man, pack me in a trunk and toss some Iced Tea and Cheetoes in there, im good for about 5 hours.

HAHAHA...i would have to sell my whole rig just to afford to go and it prob wouldnt be enough. Sucks being a student still....

Mike should make the trip up and check out Vicki's new rig...plus you can bring some other SACDs =)...i only have about 5 right now. 1 DVD-A, but its a sample disc that came with my audigy, however it sounds really nice.

Jan 30, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #203 of 224
Neither of you want me anywhere near you. I had the flu all weekend and have a upper respitory or sinus thing going on at the moment. It's bad enough I have to drive to nums place to help him move something on Saturday.
tongue.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #204 of 224
pfft, you gotta a week to get better....if you not better in a week, ill do you a favor and kill you, then give your gear a good home ...muahahahahah!!

Jan 31, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #205 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ohh man, pack me in a trunk and toss some Iced Tea and Cheetoes in there, im good for about 5 hours.

I can see the new reports now....hmmm... The stowaway was found on Flight XYZ, after a security guard heard what he described as munching sounds coming from an oversized trunk marked "possibly fragile." Airline representatives have not released a formal statement, but one witness described the young man as deranged: "The dude had big wood blocks on his ears and he was all goofy, you know, and smiling."

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neither of you want me anywhere near you. I had the flu all weekend and have a upper respitory or sinus thing going on at the moment. It's bad enough I have to drive to nums place to help him move something on Saturday.
tongue.gif

That was me too. Now I just have no voice, but some people like that
blink.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #206 of 224
Next wednesday I just picked up a new power cord the Black Sand that was Mark L's runner up in his power cord shootout and a pair of 325i's that will probably take my head off but I started this journey loving grados and I want to recapture the feeling
rs1smile.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #207 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see the new reports now....hmmm... The stowaway was found on Flight XYZ, after a security guard heard what he described as munching sounds coming from an oversized trunk marked "possibly fragile." Airline representatives have not released a formal statement, but one witness described the young man as deranged: "The dude had big wood blocks on his ears and he was all goofy, you know, and smiling."

Prob think i am a bomb cause my heart will be ticking heheheh

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Next wednesday I just picked up a new power cord the Black Sand that was Mark L's runner up in his power cord shootout and a pair of 325i's that will probably take my head off but I started this journey loving grados and I want to recapture the feeling
rs1smile.gif

Soo that sounds like John is in......mini meet in effect =) Team SoFlo Represent!!

Jan 31, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #208 of 224
I can't believe you got that. I've been checking out power cords since both my Extreme and Denon arrived without. I was looking at those and dismissed them as just too much for now
frown.gif
I think I'm going to get these http://signalcable.com/power_cables.html until I can swing something better.

Hah! When did you get the 325is? Part of the Moth deal? I got MS1's today, just to hear what folks have been going on about. I want to bring my Darth's home from work since they are amazing with the Extreme. I thought they'd be the perfect replacement, but I do not understand why people like them. They sound like cheap headphones to me that happen to make guitars and keyboards sound okay. I may keep them around for a couple days to give them a fair shake, but I'm already thinking about what to say in the FS forum.

Oh, I seemed to have picked up some PROline 2500s somewhere along the line. They'll be here as well.
tongue.gif

Wed it is. Bring music and power cord. I'll cook dinner.

Jan 31, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #209 of 224
Dont sell those MS1's before i get a chance to hear them vick....who knows might take them off your hands =)

Im curious to hear them with some hardcore metal music, maybe some Miles or some Coltrane.

Jan 31, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #210 of 224
I'll hang on to them for a bit.

Uh, isn't this like the fourth mini-meet since this thread started: The official 1/7 meet, the one at Mike's, the very mini Extreme/Sig 30/K1000/K340 meet at John's, and now this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back