South Florida Mini Meet 1/7 impressions
Jan 22, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #181 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey man, really glad you enjoyed my modest setup =) You should hear it now, i got a SACD player for my Bday, got my woody upgrades for my 580s in the mail...Cant wait for the next meet so you guy can test them out and give me your opinions.

GL with your Darkvoice Sea, you will certainly love it, since you pretty do already. Make sure if you do get it, bring it to the meet and we can test out tubes. I got a new back tube coming in the mail.

Congradulations on your scad and woddy. Happy Bday

If you get the time can you do a comparrision on your 580's with the 650 cable vs the RnB cables that boom has. Let me know what you think...

Jan 22, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #182 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by SEABREEZE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congradulations on your scad and woddy. Happy Bday

If you get the time can you do a comparrision on your 580's with the 650 cable vs the RnB cables that boom has. Let me know what you think...

Whoa...its officially my bday now =)

I would indeed test out Booms cable and let you know...there should be another mini meet sometime soon, at least, i hope there will be =)

I just need to get myself some SACDs....

Jan 24, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #183 of 224
Ok, soon as Boom gets her Denon....where we having the next meet? I really want to hear that extreme now too, with the nice upgrades...

Im jones'in to show off my new SACD and woody upgrades and new tubes to add to my collection (6 now and growing)....plus i really want to listen to some SACDs, so tyrion needs to pack them up =)

Jan 24, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #184 of 224
I've been told that my repaired HE90 is on its way back from Germany, and I just ordered a Woo Audio stat amp for it. Should be interesting to bring these items to the next meet, and compare them with Gary's HE90 and Aristaeus.

Quote:

Ok, soon as Boom gets her Denon....where we having the next meet? I really want to hear that extreme now too, with the nice upgrades...

Im jones'in to show off my new SACD and woody upgrades and new tubes to add to my collection (6 now and growing)....plus i really want to listen to some SACDs, so tyrion needs to pack them up =)

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #185 of 224
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been told that my repaired HE90 is on its way back from Germany, and I just ordered a Woo Audio stat amp for it. Should be interesting to bring these items to the next meet, and compare them with Gary's HE90 and Aristaeus.

Domenic - slow down, bro - it'll all happen in the right time.
cool.gif

Mike - let me know the instant those HE90s get back from Deutchland, and I will setup a meet at my place. And, Yes, our east coast cousins will be welcome
icon10.gif
- What kind of meet would it be without them. (They amuse me).

Jan 27, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #186 of 224
Gene - Sounds great, and perhaps lady Becky will join us. UPS expects to deliver the HE90 this Tuesday. Of course, it'll be a while before I get the Woo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cool.gif

Mike - let me know the instant those HE90s get back from Deutchland, and I will setup a meet at my place. And, Yes, our east coast cousins will be welcome
icon10.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #187 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cool.gif

icon10.gif

we can design the Florida wrecking crew t-shirt for the National

Jan 29, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #188 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we can design the Florida wrecking crew t-shirt for the National

haha would be awesome....dam has to be in CA though....of course im never going to be able to afford that trip ehhe, so there better be live coverage via sat link and hosted on the net for my viewing pleasure.....

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #189 of 224
X2 on the shirt. It's doubtful that I'm going, having to figure out time away from two jobs, and the for the teaching one, it couldn't be worse timing, but ya never know. It could happen, but then I'd probably have to miss the West Coast meet, and I couldn't do that, now could I?

BTW, this Exemplar/Extreme combo is making me pretty dang happy. All my old CDs sound new again, and my Darth Beyers (especially those headphones) sound like completely different animals. I only liked them before. With the 6528s and a 12au7, I LOVE them.

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #190 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2 on the shirt. It's doubtful that I'm going, having to figure out time away from two jobs, and the for the teaching one, it couldn't be worse timing, but ya never know. It could happen, but then I'd probably have to miss the West Coast meet, and I couldn't do that, now could I?

BTW, this Exemplar/Extreme combo is making me pretty dang happy. All my old CDs sound new again, and my Darth Beyers (especially those headphones) sound like completely different animals. I only liked them before. With the 6528s and a 12au7, I LOVE them.

Ohh boom, you gotta post pics so i have something to drool on =)

How does the denon compared to your minimax? I was thinking that the minimax would be awesome cause of its use of tubes...but since you have a Extreme, im sure thats all the tube sound you need
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #191 of 224
Quote:

Ohh boom, you gotta post pics so i have something to drool on =)

How does the denon compared to your minimax? I was thinking that the minimax would be awesome cause of its use of tubes...but since you have a Extreme, im sure thats all the tube sound you need
biggrin.gif

The Exemplar Denon is in a completely different league than the MiniMax. Since I've been home sick for a few days (and on this site way too much), I've tried using both with the Extreme just for kicks. Everything the MiniMax does well, the Denon does great, and then some. Plus, this is my first experience with DVD-A and SACD, and it's nice to have these options. With Extreme/Exemplar combo I get to hear all my headphones as if they were new to me, and all my cds as I haven't heard them before. With that said, the MiniMax is a really good cdp with a not bad headphone out. If bought used, I think it's an amazing machine for the price. I'm surprised no one's picked up on my FS post, but that's okay. If some one wants it, it'll be a great deal for them. If no one wants it, I'll keep it or sell on audiogon. Win-win either way. I'll post picks when I can. Gotta get ready for work.

Jan 30, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #192 of 224
Wow, sounds like its really nice. I always thought your Minimax was able to playback SACD and DVD-A. I really loved the sound of it when i first heard it at the 12-2 meet. So that means you on the hunt for SACDs too...hehe. I have been to Best Buy in Boca (Glades and 441) and they have a TON of DVD-A. I havent seen much SACDs there, but there are a few. I have bought like 4-5 from BB plus one from ebay, which should be here any time soon. SACD are hard to find i guess...i dunno why, seems there is a taste for it. Cant wait to hear the Denon/extreme combo.

Jan 30, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #193 of 224
So when are you coming up? I went back to work yesterday I think a bit too early (my voice is now completely gone), so I wouldn't recommend this week, but any time during weekday evenings next week would be fine. Bring some of your dvd-as and sacds as I haven't been out to get any. John wanted to hear my Denon vs his Denon, so maybe we can put together a mini-mini meet. Bring your darkvoice and you can try out tubes.

Jan 30, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #194 of 224
Im working Mon-Thurs-Sat...so prob Weds night?

If we dont get a mini meet going, i could swing by and pick up John with his Denon. Maybe he will put up his place this weekend for some meet action.

Jan 30, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #195 of 224
Wed would be perfect. I work 32-hr weekends, so that's out. I'll call John and see if he wants to come on by after work. I'll even cook dinner. LMK.

BTW, I just picked up some MS1s. I was thinking they'll be good to take to work or around, but I don't think I can listen to them. I don't know what people are talking about. The piano sounds good, but voices sound as bad as mine with a cold...okay, that's an exaggeration, but these are definitely not for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back