South Florida Mini Meet 1/7 impressions
Jan 31, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #211 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Next wednesday I just picked up a new power cord the Black Sand that was Mark L's runner up in his power cord shootout and a pair of 325i's that will probably take my head off but I started this journey loving grados and I want to recapture the feeling
rs1smile.gif

I thought you guys were talking about tomorrow night. I still won't make it but I won't have nearly as good an excuse.

325i - lose them and fast
MS1 - I liked them when I had them (that was 6,000 posts ago)
Power Cords - I've found that some help but it's in small increments at best, imo (I have 3 Synergistic Research A/C Coupler that I p/u on Audiogon, the only place to get pc)
Dinner - Sorry I'm missing that

Jan 31, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #212 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll hang on to them for a bit.

Uh, isn't this like the fourth mini-meet since this thread started: The official 1/7 meet, the one at Mike's, the very mini Extreme/Sig 30/K1000/K340 meet at John's, and now this?

THanks, i want to check them out...seeing that my fav genres of music are jazz-rock-metal, time to see what the fuss is all about. Im still deciding on that switch box i got from other mike, maybe we can work something out for it. I think im going to make the big move and use my SACD as my primary source. So dont think im going to be needing it much longer. I dunno how much you paid for the ms1, but im sure i can make up the difference in cash ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought you guys were talking about tomorrow night. I still won't make it but I won't have nearly as good an excuse.

325i - lose them and fast
MS1 - I liked them when I had them (that was 6,000 posts ago)
Power Cords - I've found that some help but it's in small increments at best, imo (I have 3 Synergistic Research A/C Coupler that I p/u on Audiogon, the only place to get pc)
Dinner - Sorry I'm missing that

bah, stop being a wimp....youre going and youll like it...

Jan 31, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #213 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Domenic - slow down, bro - it'll all happen in the right time.
cool.gif

Mike - let me know the instant those HE90s get back from Deutchland, and I will setup a meet at my place. And, Yes, our east coast cousins will be welcome
icon10.gif
- What kind of meet would it be without them. (They amuse me)

Gene - My HE90 arrived today, and it works...IT WORKS...IT'S ALIVE!!!
3000smile.gif
Take a look at post #104 (by Hirsch) and post #121 (by HugoFreire) above, in this thread. They explain that Sennheiser essentially replaced the innards of my HE90, which I suppose qualifies it as a new headphone. As for the sound; I've been listening to the SACD version of Junior Wells' -- "Come On In This House", and the sound is truly spectacular; bass below bass below bass. Get the idea? There are heaps of bass. And, that's only with my old and inexpensive McAlister amp. It'll be interesting to see how well the Woo amp. performs in comparison with the McAlister. And, it will be especially interesting to see how well the Aristaeus compares to these two relatively inexpensive amps, and also how my refurbished HE90 compares to Gary's stock HE90. Perhaps we'll have the chance to do some of these comparisons at the meet that you're kind enough to arrange at your place.

Jan 31, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #214 of 224
Ohhhh...battle HE90....now there is a meet i want to go to.

Could be just 2 headphones at the whole meet and it would be worth going. Might as well toss a few HE60s in there =)

Jan 31, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #215 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gene - My HE90 arrived today, and it works...IT WORKS...IT'S ALIVE!!!
3000smile.gif
Take a look at post #104 (by Hirsch) and post #121 (by HugoFreire) above, in this thread. They explain that Sennheiser essentially replaced the innards of my HE90, which I suppose qualifies it as a new headphone. As for the sound; I've been listening to the SACD version of Junior Wells' -- "Come On In This House", and the sound is truly spectacular; bass below bass below bass. Get the idea? There are heaps of bass. And, that's only with my old and inexpensive McAlister amp. It'll be interesting to see how well the Woo amp. performs in comparison with the McAlister. And, it will be especially interesting to see how well the Aristaeus compares to these two relatively inexpensive amps, and also how my refurbished HE90 compares to Gary's stock HE90. Perhaps we'll have the chance to do some of these comparisons at the meet that you're kind enough to arrange at your place.

Congrats, Mike! Do you know yet when your new amp will arrive?

Jan 31, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #216 of 224
Quote:

Thanks! Oh wait, you meant mikeg, sorry about that. Although, my new amp will be here on Friday. That will make 4 speaker amps to choose from. It's promising to be a good weekend, especially if Jp and I bottle Saturday. As if it wasn't enough that Oz is installing my home theater setup on Saturday. Am I bragging? I deserve it so too bad. Am I carrying on a discussion with myself?
confused.gif
It's the meds, I tell you.
blink.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #217 of 224
Quote:

Thanks! Oh wait, you meant mikeg, sorry about that. Although, my new amp will be here on Friday. That will make 4 speaker amps to choose from. It's promising to be a good weekend, especially if Jp and I bottle Saturday. As if it wasn't enough that Oz is installing my home theater setup on Saturday. Am I bragging? I deserve it so too bad. Am I carrying on a discussion with myself?
confused.gif
It's the meds, I tell you.
blink.gif

Meds or no, I'd be bragging. What new amp? What home theater system? What four speaker amps? I thought it was bad that I bought two new headphoness while on too much cough syrup. You're way outta my league, but I like hearing about it. So brag away!

Jan 31, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #218 of 224
Quote:

Meds or no, I'd be bragging. What new amp? What home theater system? What four speaker amps? I thought it was bad that I bought two new headphoness while on too much cough syrup. You're way outta my league, but I like hearing about it. So brag away!

Moth si2A3
Royal Devices Sara 300b
RWA Clari-T with upgrades
RWA Sig 30

The question is which will remain after the weekend.
confused.gif

Klegg M6 501

Feb 1, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #219 of 224
only one will remain the Sig 30

the clari - T is nice but once you've heard the sig...
The Moth may remain for the same reason I almost kept mine, it beautifull
the Sara 300b will go because you are not going to pay for it

Feb 1, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #220 of 224
Quote:

Moth si2A3
Royal Devices Sara 300b
RWA Clari-T with upgrades
RWA Sig 30

The question is which will remain after the weekend.
confused.gif

Klegg M6 501

I'm guess it's the Royal Devices Sara 300b that's making an arrival on Friday. I thought your wife didn't like how those big ole tubes looked. Lightbulbs, wasn't it? Has she seen the Sig 30 yet?
evil_smiley.gif
Who picked up the Clari-T, you or John? I remember him muttering something about that, a Wadia and a bedroom rig.

Enjoy it all!

Feb 1, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #221 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
only one will remain the Sig 30

the clari - T is nice but once you've heard the sig...
The Moth may remain for the same reason I almost kept mine, it beautifull
the Sara 300b will go because you are not going to pay for it

You are probably right. Although the Sara is a pretty sweet amp, especially considering the price. I'm listening to Eric Culberson Live at the Bamboo Room. Man he kicks some Blues a**.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana
I'm guess it's the Royal Devices Sara 300b that's making an arrival on Friday. I thought your wife didn't like how those big ole tubes looked. Lightbulbs, wasn't it? Has she seen the Sig 30 yet? Who picked up the Clari-T, you or John? I remember him muttering something about that, a Wadia and a bedroom rig.

Enjoy it all!

I'm listening to the Sara now. The Sig arrives Friday. I bought the Clari-T. Jp was considering buying it at one point.

Feb 1, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #222 of 224
Quote:

I'm listening to the Sara now. The Sig arrives Friday. I bought the Clari-T. Jp was considering buying it at one point.

My, my, my. You have been very busy.

Feb 1, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #223 of 224
Quote:

... I'm listening to Eric Culberson Live at the Bamboo Room. Man he kicks some Blues a**. ...

Too funny - I am listening to E.C. B.B. Live from Bamboo also - albeit from an iMod through PRII to L3000s - not too shabby, if I say so myself.

You people are out of control over there - is it the drugs and meds? Some crazy wind blowing in from the Atlantic? I don't know or much care - more gear for the rest of us at the next meet.

Feb 1, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #224 of 224
Quote:

A few more weeks. I also urged Jack Wu to take it to the National Meet in San Jose. I'll get it back sooner if he decides not to take it. I'll also need a couple of hundred hours to burn it in before I demo it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back