South Florida Meet Impressions - 12/2/06
Dec 5, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #106 of 213
Nice pics, Al. The photos in this thread may be the only record that I ever owned a Darkvoice. I'll be putting it up for sale in two weeks as I spoke to Mikhail today and that's when my Extreme should arrive. I added a couple things to what was at the meet, and I'll have two weeks off work to to just sit back and enjoy. Merry Christmas to me and my AKGs.

Dec 5, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #108 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow guys looks like you all had a great time! Nice to see you all again in these pics!

We missed you Raul. Maybe we can plan one down the road when and if you make it back up here.

Dec 5, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #109 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We missed you Raul. Maybe we can plan one down the road when and if you make it back up here.

Thanks Mike, really hope to make it to some other FL meet in the future. Will check with you guys whenever I travel closeby.

Dec 6, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #110 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And did someone say the HD30 prototype was there? When everyone descends from the audio heavens, impressions of that amp would be most welcome. I'm sure Craig would like a deposit from me, and if I'm lusting for one it will give tyrion a chance to nag me about my HD25!
icon10.gif

A_Sr.

How did I miss this post. I don't know, this HD30 is pretty nice. I might have a tough time giving it up.
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #111 of 213
Quote:

How did I miss this post. I don't know, this HD30 is pretty nice. I might have a tough time giving it up.
biggrin.gif

hey hey hey get in line buddy I have next dibs!

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #113 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it was great meeting all the new people who showed up & to everyone who brought such great stuff to listen to which i will post impressions of later as well.

the worst part of the meet is having to apologize to everyone present for my deplorable behavior for which i take complete responsibility for. i sincerely apologize to everyone who tolerated my excessively offensive nature which was uncalled for & i am thankful no one punched my lights out which would have been perfectly appropriate under the circumstances. thanks for your tolerance.

i will post equipment impressions in the next day or so.

your behavior was not deplorable well except for... whatever we love you!

Where are your meet impressions??

ps I have relagate the ayre to my bedroom rig and am looking for thoughts on a top flight main rig cdp

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #114 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMG_4750.JPG

What?

LOL
What's the story behind these two?...wait I might not want to know..oh yes I do.

I need to fly out to a meet and meet Steve sometime..we can team up!

I had not noticed Ray's gaping mouth as Steveio "rear ended him
blink.gif

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #115 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had not noticed Ray's gaping mouth as Steveio "rear ended him
blink.gif

Quote:

Settle down.
icon10.gif

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #116 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice pics, Al. The photos in this thread may be the only record that I ever owned a Darkvoice. I'll be putting it up for sale in two weeks as I spoke to Mikhail today and that's when my Extreme should arrive. I added a couple things to what was at the meet, and I'll have two weeks off work to to just sit back and enjoy. Merry Christmas to me and my AKGs.

Thanks for the pic props. Congrats on being the *first* to buy a brand new and exciting offering! Nice to have momentos of the past, though, and Tyll's nice glamour shot of the DV with K340 fills that bill nicely. I just sold my beloved MPX3 in advance of getting the SDS-XLR. Very sad, but I did get a balanced Equinox cable as part of the sale price, which is cool. Speaking of which, did you try Mike's G52 cable yet? Did you buy an HD600 yet? Enquiring minds want to know!

Dec 6, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #117 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the pic props. Congrats on being the *first* to buy a brand new and exciting offering! Nice to have momentos of the past, though, and Tyll's nice glamour shot of the DV with K340 fills that bill nicely. I just sold my beloved MPX3 in advance of getting the SDS-XLR. Very sad, but I did get a balanced Equinox cable as part of the sale price, which is cool. Speaking of which, did you try Mike's G52 cable yet? Did you buy an HD600 yet? Enquiring minds want to know!

Haven't tried the cable yet. I haven't even unpacked from the meet. I got back from a conference in Orlando a couple hours ago, only minutes before my folks arrived for a week visit. I will hang onto the Darkvoice for a couple weeks. It seems there's some interest in a more detailed Darkvoice/Canamp comparison, so hope to do so before selling. Re HD600, I'll keep my eye on the FS forum, but I'm in no rush. I managed to sell an old Mac G3 laptop to the IT guy at work, so that and the future Zu cables and Darkvoice sales financed the Extreme (feels like a free amp), but I suppose I gotta start thinking of xmas presents for others rather than just for me. Oh...I did get the K340 velour pads in the mail today...

When are you expecting the SDS-XLR? When are you sending your K340s to Larry? What wood did you choose? I think John went for Zebra.

Dec 6, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #118 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When are you expecting the SDS-XLR? When are you sending your K340s to Larry? What wood did you choose? I think John went for Zebra.

SDS should be arriving any time now, although Mikhail has not promised any particular date. With 5 tubes in the PSU and 6 in the amp section I have to get prepared anyway.
tongue.gif
I actually already received a number of voltage regulators and rectifiers from Mikhail, and man, they are some funky looking tubes! This is going to be fun!

I have to pay Larry and get in line for 5 weeks out or so. I am not doing wood accents--I want them to look old school except for the cable.

Dec 6, 2006 at 11:41 AM Post #119 of 213
Great thread. Great meet. Seems like you Floridians are giving us NYers a run for our money
wink.gif

Thanks for the pics & impressions. Makes us wish we were there.

Dec 6, 2006 at 12:40 PM Post #120 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SDS should be arriving any time now, although Mikhail has not promised any particular date. With 5 tubes in the PSU and 6 in the amp section I have to get prepared anyway.
tongue.gif
I actually already received a number of voltage regulators and rectifiers from Mikhail, and man, they are some funky looking tubes! This is going to be fun!

I have to pay Larry and get in line for 5 weeks out or so. I am not doing wood accents--I want them to look old school except for the cable.

I have vpivinylspinner's K340 with all the headfiled up grades(great headfier on loan), and my ballanced Supra is on the way by Christmas
biggrin.gif

I love the GO8/MPX3 (sylvania 6sn7gt and 6bx7's)/K340 can you comment on these ballanced? (K340) ie. big differance? more this less that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back