South Florida Headphone Faithful
Dec 7, 2003 at 8:13 PM Post #91 of 126
Hi All,

Matt I'm definitely going, will PM you for your exact address.

Agile thanks a lot for the Audio Visions suggestion, looking forward to meeting you too.

Guru thanks again, I definitely want to visit Sounds Terrific in St. Petersburg and Audio Visions in Tampa, should be there by Saturday afternoon. Wonder if you and Wayne are planning to visit those stores by that time, so we might possibly meet there.

Cheers,
Raul

PS. On the way to Clearwater we have to take an "SR-60" highway, won't miss taking a picture of my Grado SR-60 in front of one of those signs :)

Dec 7, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #92 of 126
Frenzied spring (winter??) cleaning going on here
tongue.gif

Wayne and Raul :-
---------------------

Bedding - Can one of you guys bring a blanket (Raul would be more practical in the car) or a comforter? I have two beds for you guys but only one spare comforter and it is pretty cold here...

I'll pick up a couple of towels for you guys...

Im trying to organize a few tables for your gear...and power supplies so you can test everything out right here before we go to CW.

Please confirm the stores that we'll be visiting...I wanna map everything out.

Also - please confirm your travel plans, date/time etc.

Wayne - would you like me to be at the airport when you arrive? I can direct you straight home real quick because the I-75 and I-275 are lousy, accident prone and full of crazy traffic...

Dec 7, 2003 at 8:40 PM Post #93 of 126
Quote:

Originally posted by rsaavedr
PS. On the way to Clearwater we have to take an "SR-60" highway, won't miss taking a picture of my Grado SR-60 in front of one of those signs :)

You know you're a hopeless headphone geek when you'd get out of your car to do something like that.

- Matt

Dec 7, 2003 at 8:48 PM Post #94 of 126
LOL
600smile.gif

That really tops everything i've heard of so far - if you actually pull it off I want a copy of that pic...

Anyone bringing Digital Cameras ??

Matt :-
-------

Do you have broadband?? Im thinking of uploading pics as we go and writing a report...

cheers!!

Dec 7, 2003 at 8:56 PM Post #95 of 126
Quote:

Originally posted by gsferrari
Frenzied spring (winter??) cleaning going on here
tongue.gif

Wayne and Raul :-
---------------------

Bedding - Can one of you guys bring a blanket (Raul would be more practical in the car) or a comforter? I have two beds for you guys but only one spare comforter and it is pretty cold here...

I'll pick up a couple of towels for you guys...

Im trying to organize a few tables for your gear...and power supplies so you can test everything out right here before we go to CW.

Please confirm the stores that we'll be visiting...I wanna map everything out.

Also - please confirm your travel plans, date/time etc.

Wayne - would you like me to be at the airport when you arrive? I can direct you straight home real quick because the I-75 and I-275 are lousy, accident prone and full of crazy traffic...

Yes definitely I am planning to bring my sleeping bag with me, it is very warm by itself so I won't really need blankets or comforters. Actually a few adjacent square feet of floor area in your place would suffice for me, I realize you even had beds and towels in mind! :) Man Guru you are too kind! Plus the indian food...! I'll definitely bring some really good wine. I am also bringing towels for me so don't worry about it. Thanks very much again. I pm'ed you about my store visit plan, but here again: Sat morning Orlando, Sat afternoon Tampa and St. Petersburg. In Orlando Absolute Sound and Millenium Custom Theaters; in Tampa Audio Visions, in St.Petersbug Sounds Terrific. Provided there's enough time I might try to visit some others.

Cheers,

Raul

Dec 7, 2003 at 8:58 PM Post #96 of 126
Quote:

Originally posted by Matt
You know you're a hopeless headphone geek when you'd get out of your car to do something like that.

- Matt

LOL, man yes I can easily see myself doing that, I'll have to post that picture in this forum after the event for sure :)

Cheers,
Raul

Dec 7, 2003 at 9:02 PM Post #97 of 126
Quote:

Originally posted by gsferrari
LOL
600smile.gif

That really tops everything i've heard of so far - if you actually pull it off I want a copy of that pic...

Anyone bringing Digital Cameras ??

Matt :-
-------

Do you have broadband?? Im thinking of uploading pics as we go and writing a report...

cheers!!

Certainly you'll have that pic upon my arrival Guru, that will be one of my honorable gestures of gratitude to your hospitality :) I'm bringing my Canon Powershot G3 (like photography a lot by the way).

Cheers,
Raul

Dec 8, 2003 at 4:33 AM Post #98 of 126
Thanks for the directions Matt, and also for hosting the event!

Guru, I can bring a sleeping bag, but then I'd have to leave the Shanling and Audio Areo gear here in Cayman - I'll leave that decision to you.
biggrin.gif
Thanks, it would be nice if you met me at the airport to help me lug some of the gear!

Dec 8, 2003 at 4:40 AM Post #99 of 126
I now have the AT EW9 earbuds in my possession, so I'll bring them along too. The bad news is that I can't seem to find a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter anywhere so I can't hear them with the XP-7 amp.

I'm also having trouble trying to figure out why my Pana CT470 pcdp will not work, so I can't hear them with the META42 either. Technical difficulties. Oh well, maybe you guys can figure it out on Sunday.

Dec 8, 2003 at 4:50 AM Post #100 of 126
Quote:

Originally posted by Wmcmanus
Thanks for the directions Matt, and also for hosting the event!

Guru, I can bring a sleeping bag, but then I'd have to leave the Shanling and Audio Areo gear here in Cayman - I'll leave that decision to you.
biggrin.gif
Thanks, it would be nice if you met me at the airport to help me lug some of the gear!

No no - I just needed one sleeping bag and Raul is bringing his.

Bring the Shangri la!!!
biggrin.gif

Im all set here...dont worry...

Towels, Pillows and Sleeping bag all ready...

Dec 12, 2003 at 10:35 PM Post #101 of 126
Guest List - Updated

Definites:
----------
gsferrari
agile_one
Matt
Sewer Guy
Wmcmanus
(5 total definites)

Possibles:
------------
itza2mer
rsaavedr
Adam Zuf's friend
(3 possibles)

Definite no's:
---------------
Mikeg & wife

Anyone else I'm missing?

- Matt

Dec 12, 2003 at 11:26 PM Post #102 of 126
Quote:

Originally posted by Matt
Guest List - Updated

Definites:
----------
gsferrari
agile_one
Matt
Sewer Guy
Wmcmanus
(5 total definites)

Possibles:
------------
itza2mer
rsaavedr
Adam Zuf's friend
(3 possibles)

Definite no's:
---------------
Mikeg & wife

Anyone else I'm missing?

- Matt

Matt,

I'm gonna have to bow out. I've just started physical therapy for my lower back, and I probably shouldn't go anywhere for extended periods of time until my therapy is complete.

Dec 13, 2003 at 6:56 PM Post #105 of 126
Terrible news! Cayman Airways had problems with their computers while they were checking us in for the Tampa flight and could not get them resolved on time, so they took off with half of thier passengers standing there at the counter! I'm so pissed, I can hardly see straight. All of my gear was packed into 2 large boxes and ready to go, plus I had 2 large carry-on bags.

Guru (gsferrari) is supposed to pick me up at the airport!!! If anyone has a phone number for him and can call him for me, I would greatly appreciate it. He has probably left for the airport already.

The next flight is tomorrow, arriving at 12:50pm, so I will rent a car and drive to Matt's place in Clearwater and hopefully be there by 3pm if all goes well. Sorry, that's the best I could do under the circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back