Source upgrade
Jun 27, 2003 at 11:37 PM Post #91 of 113
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
quality control? is that what it stands for?

DING, DING, DING, give that man a ceegar.

Jun 28, 2003 at 12:10 AM Post #93 of 113
Thats a good price on that Cary. Isn't that about the same price as the Shanling? I wish I had the cash I'd sell my CD25 and get that Cary for my back-up cdp.

Jun 28, 2003 at 12:12 AM Post #94 of 113
I am in the process of buying one. A Shanling. I am going to have to verify my account with paypal if I want to send the money otherwise I can not use paypal. This takes three days to show up in my account. He only accepts paypal. ****ing paypal.

Jun 28, 2003 at 1:22 AM Post #95 of 113
congrat's Matthew!

I've been thinking about the Shanling also, the T-200. I'd like to hear what you think of the T-100 once you get it.

I was reading on audioasylum that Modwright may be doing a mod on the Shanling, rerouting the whole tube output, bypassing the opamps and dac. Sounds promissing, but undoubtedly expensive.

Jun 28, 2003 at 2:10 AM Post #97 of 113
Damn Matthew, Talk about making an upgrade! Congrats on your system, very nice. Let us no how it all sounds together when you get everything. Whats next? Cables for the HD600, power cords? That is a nice system you've built.

Jun 28, 2003 at 2:18 AM Post #100 of 113
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
Why the Sugden and not the Emmeline?

Why not the sudgen
confused.gif

Jun 28, 2003 at 2:44 AM Post #102 of 113
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
Why the Sugden and not the Emmeline?

How much is the Sugden + Carlo mods compared to the stock Emmeline?

How good is the Carlo modded Sugden compared to the Emmeline?

confused.gif

I guess these would help anyone decide on which one to buy. That is if anyone has ever compared them head-to-head.

Jun 28, 2003 at 2:54 AM Post #104 of 113
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
I bought the Sudgen so you're point is moot.

Cool, I just wanted to throw that out for anyone else out there also. And to see if someone would get the two amps into the same room to hear them head-to-head and tell us what they thought of them both.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back