Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread
Mar 12, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #256 of 283
  I'll be waiting for this :) :)

Especially compare to MH1, as MH1 is one of my favourite budget-iem to go along with my NW-S745 during everyday journey to work-and-home.

First,  sorry for my bad english.

Sadly my S018 cable broke at one side last weekend.  I am not good at soldering so maybe i will just buy another pair (would be the third pair... first one got lost .. shipping)
I dont like to compare o give opinions by memory, i tend to keep all my iems/headphones.. or they break or the get lost and as you can see i dont have them on my iem "rankin" i   but i will make an exepction here since i broke a few days ago.

Talking about sound,  i dont have comply tips,  tried a bunch of tips i got on a Altoid can and found a pair of tips that gave me the best fit.
The first thing i noticed and is evident on the S018 is the Soundstage... its not the biggets but is wide enough to be noted, i find it wider than the MH1.
Bass in the MH1 has more quantity,  S018 has less bass.  IMHO Bass on the MH1 is boosted,  bass on the S018 is not natural but not boosted. The lack of bass doesnt help the overall listening experience in noisy places.

Again,  i am giving my impresions by memory and i dont have the Comply tips.

Instruments like piano, guitars are more "in front" in the S018, not by much but its evident when you switch one from another and pay atention to how and where this instrumetss sound, i like the mids on the S018 more than the MH1.

Treble goes to the MH1,  its nice, controled, more smooth.

AGAIN,  i am using my memory so take it with a grain of salt, but i am almost sure that a few days of not listening my S018 is no to long to forget important notes i made.

Overal,  i would give the my vote to the MH1, just because its a bit more fun with more bass and warm sound,  maybe the S018 with comply tips will help with the bass but i can only give my opinion based on the tips i used.

One thing is for sure, they sound better than the Monoprices and are easier to use,  i even prefer the S018 over ther Pistons with there overboosted bass.
IMHO, Pistons are overrated... the are cheap, but the S018 is better, just needs a bit more bass.  Also the treble could be better with comply tips (?).

Didnt have time to compare the to the FXD's,  the Tenors and Ostrys are simply betterr and more refined, i would score them between the MH1 and the TT1.  For the price, its a bargain and the best buy under $20.

Hope it helps...... i hope  :)

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #257 of 283
Also forgot to add that i got two pairs of those KZ iems from china, sorry guys but i am not impressed at all. The S018 is more refined, better sounding,  the KZ's just sound like the clasic "Heavy Bass" iem, not impressed.

Even with the lack of bass i would choose the S018 any day over those KZ iems....

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #258 of 283
  Also forgot to add that i got two pairs of those KZ iems from china, sorry guys but i am not impressed at all. The S018 is more refined, better sounding,  the KZ's just sound like the clasic "Heavy Bass" iem, not impressed.

Even with the lack of bass i would choose the S018 any day over those KZ iems....

I know you mentioned not having Comply Tips, those will create a great seal, giving the S-018 perfect, wonderful and balanced bass.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #259 of 283
  I know you mentioned not having Comply Tips, those will create a great seal, giving the S-018 perfect, wonderful and balanced bass.

Yep... i am gona buy that third pair of S018 and Comply tips... i wont give up with these iem, they are more than worthy even with the lack of bass and if those tips helps with the bass and treble, the i could easly score them above the MH1 and even the Bassos.

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #260 of 283
Mar 12, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #261 of 283
Just curious, that plastic tube that's in the nozzle -- it's supposed to stay in there, right?

EDIT: I just saw some earlier pictures of the S-018's with the metal mesh filter on the nozzle. Much better than what mine look like, with what appears to be a piece of clear plastic or rubber tubing inserted and somewhat cheaply cut off at the nozzle end. When I first got them I thought there was a mistake, that they must not have been completely put together. I'm not sure what the deal is with the tubing, and why there's no mesh included now on these, which otherwise are great.

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #263 of 283
I think it won't be named as an upgrade. Soundsoul still wins, p3 plus side is bass. I'm more interested in meelectronics m6 pro, but haven't test it, just read some positive reviews.

Jun 13, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #266 of 283
Is there anywhere to buy these outside of the US for cheap?

Where are you located?

You could try this one for sale on eBay?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/251815804443?nav=SEARCH

Or maybe here? http://goprodroneclub.com/product/B009GISUL8/Soundsoultm-S-018-Wood-Hifi-Inear-Earphone-black/

Jun 13, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #267 of 283
Where are you located?

You could try this one for sale on eBay?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/251815804443?nav=SEARCH

Or maybe here? http://goprodroneclub.com/product/B009GISUL8/Soundsoultm-S-018-Wood-Hifi-Inear-Earphone-black/

Israel.

The ebay seller ships to US only and the other link goes to Amazon which no good either.

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #269 of 283
  Israel.

The ebay seller ships to US only and the other link goes to Amazon which no good either.

You can buy from Amazon via Borderlinx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back