SOUNDS ENJOYABLE
Dec 4, 2001 at 3:00 PM Post #46 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by cajunchrist
...I moved on to experimental/ambient recordings like...Mick Harris's solo work...

Just wanted to confirm what stymie miasmax said -- Lull!

PS Stymie -- I finally heard one Weakener track -- very nice! I still prefer Lull, but this was very cool, especially when up against some of the Laswell Drum-n-dub stuff. One of these days, when I get settled down, we'll have to work something out, so that I can hear the other tracks.

Dec 4, 2001 at 3:12 PM Post #47 of 49
Quote:

I finally heard one Weakener track -- very nice!

Glad to hear it Dusty! From what I have heard, Mick wants to record a follow-up to the first Weakener album, but Wordsound said due to low sales they were unable to release it for him which is kinda sad.

Keep up to date with Mick's flurry of activities here: www.gyral.co.uk

Dec 4, 2001 at 11:25 PM Post #48 of 49
5. Sound of a diesel freight train.
4. sound of M80 firecracker.
3. a 50 Megaton bomb 188 miles away (ok, that was bs.)
2. Jewel on my Grado sr-200.
1. Jean Alesi putting his car into 6th gear.

Dec 5, 2001 at 12:08 AM Post #49 of 49
I was tuning up my MMF2 'table yesterday, and I dug out another MoFi LP.

SHOWDOWN Albert Collins, Johnny Copeland & Robert Cray.

Texas Blues with the 3 best blues guitarists ever. Recorded in Chicago in1984. Took 4 days to record an album, including 1 song written during that time for the album.

Typical MoFi quality on Anadisc 200. Incredible sound, incredible music and a synergy between the players not often found anywhere.

Of coures Albert was the mentor and inspiration for Johnny and Robert. Albert's gone now but thank God that his music is still with us, and his prodigies.

Long live "The Master Of The Telecaster".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back