SoundMagic PL50 vs Brainwavz M2
Sep 12, 2010 at 1:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bluezor

New Head-Fier
Hey all - since my last didn't work much i narrowed down my search to two IEMs - SoundMagic PL50 and Brainwavz M2. They are about the same price $50~ on mp4nation and I'm wondering which one would be better or are they about the same?

Some input would be nice :D

Sep 12, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #5 of 10
I'm gonna assume they're going to be on the same comfort level and contain the same accessories pretty much.
Which one would you recommend personally for me if I listen to some alternative rock, pop, blues and a bit of hip-hop?

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #8 of 10
Brainwavs M2 has more thick sound and punchy bass compared to PL-50 but interms of mids, and highs PL-50 has an advantage, they produce clear mids and high tones, but some what not quite thick sounding, as bass was in a minimal side, only the base drums can be heared clearly, but the snares and tom toms sound thin,, which is the M2s has the advantage, as they represents the snares more thick, M2s represents mids and lows very well, but lacks the details of highs, PL-50 represents mids and highs more accurately and detailed,, compared to M2s but lacks the thickness of lows (drums, base) which M2 does best,, 

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
Ahh.. thanks guys. Probably will go with the Brainwavz M2 pre-order price since it has a higher appeal

Having owned both, I *much* prefer the Brainwavz M2.  I have no problems whatsoever recommending the M2 phones, but I can't think of many instances where I'd give a nod to the PL-50.  Although the PL-50 was built well-enough, there was a mid-to-high hump in the EQ that drove me absolutely batty. I could only get rid of it with some EQ'ing, and even then it wasn't great.

The M2 has much better low-end and is just more fun. 

+1

Oct 15, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #10 of 10
i can say your right in there, PL-50 sounded thin in some areas which the M2 has the advantage.

if your an acoustic live performance lover then go for the PL-50
but if your rock rnb lover go for the M2

its nice to see we have a lot of choice now a days ^^

but im really waiting for the sony's new XBA line up especially the XBA-4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back