Soundmagic PL50 impressions+appreciation thread
Aug 20, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #106 of 214
Jack from DealPerfect asked me to remind him about this in two days, so I'll just wait till then. I've also been looking into Sony Hybrids, but 9 euros for one or two pairs of tips that MIGHT give me a better seal is lost money. I'll report back after a few days or so.

Aug 20, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #107 of 214
I get a good seal with the med Sony hybrid tip (dark green sleeve), Belabor. The stock foam that I cut off of the PL50 was just a little small for it to seal. I'm also pretty sure that the SE compatible foams at this site will fit the PL50, but I'm not so sure that the "average" size listed will fit my ears.

I'd go ahead and spring for these tips myself, but I'm in the doghouse because my wife discovered that I just bought an IE7. It would be a shame to die over $13 plus shipping, when I just spent all that money on the IE7's. I'll have to wait for a few weeks before I buy anything else...

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #110 of 214
Well, looks like soundmagic is taking care of the problem, which is good to see. Lets hope for more positive reports from the people getting theirs in the next few days.

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #112 of 214
!!!Good news for 2nd batch PL50 owners!!!

I've received a reply from DealPerfect today concerning the foam tips, which are very hard to remove. I ended up destroying the medium pair, which also renders the small and large foamies useless.

I've asked them if they could provide us with new foam tips, as one of SoundMAGIC's employee's, Michael Lin, mentioned about them a week ago:
Quote:

Originally Posted by koalkoal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, all friends. First of all, thank you for your supports to our products. And sorry to hear that the tips for our PL50 is easy broken & some PL50 split.

This is to let you know that, we have made some modify on the earphone and no problem for the tips issue in the future. For those broken tips, please contact the dealer (where you bought PL50) to get the new tips.

As for the split PL50, that is a defective unit. Please contact the dealer also, our dealer will help to check & exchange a new one for such a defective unit.
And then we will settle the handling with them afterward.

Sorry once again for all the inconvenience caused & Hope everyone can enjoy our PL50.

And DealPerfect replied with this:
Quote:

HI!

Our purchasing staff has been contacted the soundmagic company,the manager told us they can provide free foam to us,but need to wait a few days.And the time is not very sure,he said "Need to wait a few days"

But I do not know the exactly date.

When the free foam arrived ,I will note it in the product description
smily_headphones1.gif

Best regards,
Jack

So, keep an eye on the PL50 product description at DealPerfect. As they said, it could take several days for the tips to be available.

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #114 of 214
can the foamies be removed by inserting a small pin (like a bent paperclip or something) just enough to push the inner tube and release the vacuum effect, for it to slide out easily?

Aug 25, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #115 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashxcore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are these an upgrade from the Denon c551?

I think mark2410 is the only head-fier who owns both. You can probably ask him via pm or he might grace us with his presence in this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can the foamies be removed by inserting a small pin (like a bent paperclip or something) just enough to push the inner tube and release the vacuum effect, for it to slide out easily?

I managed to get my first pair off rather easily by allowing some air under the core with an x-acto knife before twisting them off. I didnt bother doing this for the second pair b/c I was in a hurry, which resulted in the de-coring.

Aug 26, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #119 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Buff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still no replacement tips info at Deal Perfect...

I noticed as well (or rather, didn't notice
biggrin.gif
).
They were awfully vague in their response as they said ''Need to wait a few days''. I'm planning on waiting until Saturday, and if they still don't have any info up by then, I will contact Jack again and see if there's any progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back