SoundMAGIC PL30 Adjustable Bass Earphones
Sep 23, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #211 of 232
Yes i had loaned one of these from a friend and it sounded very airy with nice details and bass that doesn't bleed onto the mids. Rather impressive for it's price!

Sep 23, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #214 of 232
im confused with buying the pl 30s at mp4nation. Why is there 3 different price difference or is it because of the free E3/5 (cause that doesn't mean free)?

Also does mp4nation sell the black rubber version because i cant tell, all of the pictures are the grey models. thx

Sep 23, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #215 of 232
Quote:
Hey Vash-GR, I see in your sig that you also own a pair of cx300's. How do these compare to them, better I assume?

My second pair of cx300's broke the other day so I need new one's and I'm not buying them again!

I'm not Vash-GR but IMO the PL30 is a slightly better all-around earphone than the CX300. It's got better balance (less bass, more treble) better detail, a bit more sparkle (CX300 has really deemphasized treble), and a much more realistic soundstage complete with better instrument separation. Unless bass quantity is what you're after, I'd go with the PL30. If bass quantity is what you're after, consider the PL21 
wink.gif

Quote:
My 2nd question is if there is a pl30 that does not have the red and bluetp but still is the same version as the one surrounded by rubber?

3rd - what do you guys think about the pl50. Thx

Never seen a PL30 without the red/blue markers on the strain reliefs. As for the PL50, the search function is your friend. ClieOS's review can be found here, mark2410's is here, chinesekiwi's is here. Mine is in the link in my signature (with some more impressions here) and there's a couple more on the Head-Fi product page

Quote:
Which pair of earphones would you guys consider better and why?
The pl30's or Ultimate Ears metrofi 220?

They are not too far apart in terms of overall sound quality but differ in signature. PL30 is balanced and smooth, has a wide soundstage, and lacks a bit of detail compared to higher-end phones. The MetroFi 220 is warm and bass-heavy, a bit intimate, not a bad earphone all-around but very generic in sound. Think Sennheiser CX300 but a little cleaner and more resolving, with less bass bloat and more treble presence.

Quote:
im confused with buying the pl 30s at mp4nation. Why is there 3 different price difference or is it because of the free E3/5 (cause that doesn't mean free)?

Also does mp4nation sell the black rubber version because i cant tell, all of the pictures are the grey models. thx

Nope, not free. Think of them as "PL30 + x" combos. 

They used the same picture for all of them but this listing is for the black model.

Sep 25, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #216 of 232
thank you ljokerl, i apreciate how you take your time to answer our questions. Sorry, i am still confused about the MP4 nation's PL30, so the ones that include the E3/E5 are not black but the old grey versions?

(i dont know if there are other black versions, but i am talking about the ones that has black rubber all around and the chrome silver rims, cause the grey one looks really ugly to me and i really dont want to get the wrong ones but) thx
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #217 of 232

Quote:
Hey Vash-GR, I see in your sig that you also own a pair of cx300's. How do these compare to them, better I assume?

My second pair of cx300's broke the other day so I need new one's and I'm not buying them again!

Yes, I do still own the CX300 but haven't use them since I got the RE0. IMO there is no comparison. Unbelievable amounts of bloated bass, smallish soundstage, very tame treble with no spark, bad clarity and average/slow speed. I highly recommend getting the PL-30 over the cx300. However, if you do, bear in mind that a process of mental burn in is in order. It got me one full week to get used to the sound of the RE0, after the cx300. At first I was all, WHOA THERE THAT'S A BIT TOO MUCH. Then after one month with the RE0 I tried to re-listen to cx300. Did not make it over 2 minutes. Plus PL-30 are only 15€.

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #218 of 232

Quote:
thank you ljokerl, i apreciate how you take your time to answer our questions. Sorry, i am still confused about the MP4 nation's PL30, so the ones that include the E3/E5 are not black but the old grey versions?

(i dont know if there are other black versions, but i am talking about the ones that has black rubber all around and the chrome silver rims, cause the grey one looks really ugly to me and i really dont want to get the wrong ones but) thx
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />

From what I remember, MP4nation has ONLY the black version of the PL-30, regardless of pictures. The black version is the only rubberized one as well.

Focalprice has all three versions:
Black
Grey/Gunmetal
White

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #221 of 232
Just got my black pl30s from mp4nation. i live in california and it too a week and a half. It is way better then the apple earphones and is as good or better then my headphones. Personally i think that the pl30 needs the E3 or E5, which comes cheaper with the pl30 at mp4nation. btw i did not have any problems turning the bass knobs but it feels like i will break it if I adjust it to often. overall this is a must have.  

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #222 of 232
I just got mine 2 days ago. At first it was a bit ok, but after a while it seemed to kick in. I feel it misses a bit of bass but ever so slightly. I sorry but I am new to head-fi. Do you really think an amp will help an iem? I thought amps only increased gain and made it louder.

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #223 of 232
I listen to them with the E5 and they do a pretty good job at getting the bass just to go that little bit more. Maybe not in extension, but in weight.

Nov 11, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #224 of 232
I have to say i love my pl-30's . I bought them coming on about a year ago and have not considered buying any other phones since . The only thing i would say is about the sounds isolation and bass. I put in my usual size buds to start with but then went up one more size and that made a huge improvement ! . For what i paid for them i couldn't be happier.

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #225 of 232
I bought a pair or those, so far it's a huge improvement from my previous phones. However I can't seem to turn the bass knob. Is there any trick to rotate it ?''

The BOX I bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back