SoundMAGIC PL30 Adjustable Bass Earphones
Sep 11, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #32 of 232
Wow what a great price. I payed 52.00 for them. At this price I think they are a canadate for (budget-fi) lol

Sep 11, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #35 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those ones on the website are real right?

*I don't see why anyone would make a fake version of something so cheap, but you never know....

I really doubt they are authentic. here's what they are selling $50 to $70 Sony canalphones for:

Genuine Sony EX85 in Ear EX 85 Earhpone Headphone (Black) $15.53 - Free Shipping

And they sell a lot of knock off stuff.

And check this page out for the fakes:

http://www.focalprice.com/goods.aspx...n=&ActionShow=

Sep 11, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #36 of 232
Wooow... That cheap?
I paid $52 for them too!
But i found many fake products at Focalprice.com, will this be fake also?
very_evil_smiley.gif

I just ask my friend from China and he told me it need about $39 USD (not included shipping).

Sep 11, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #37 of 232
Well the senn. cx400 cost 44.00 on amazon and I think this place is in china so all this cheep stuff could be orignal I guess.

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #39 of 232
Has anyone ordered from focalprice.com yet? I'd like to know if they are fakes or not. At that price, I may have to find out myself!

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #40 of 232
Well, I decided it was my turn to be the guinea pig, so I ordered a pair of these phones from focalprice.com. The total with shipping was only $19.82! I feel I can afford to take a risk at this price. I'll let everyone know how they are when they arrive. I've got my fingers crossed...

Sep 12, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #42 of 232
as with lots of gear from the largest wholesaler in the world (aka china) the phones on the 'focalprice ' site seems to be an odm unbranded version of these 'soundmagic phones', I doubt they are worth $50. $20 is a fair estimate for these. not that the price has anything to do with the sound quality!

and besides...why would someone counterfit 'soundmagic'...?

but then again...

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT THEY HAVE AN n95 for $125 screw that! ALARM BELLLLLLLLLLLS

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #43 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I decided it was my turn to be the guinea pig, so I ordered a pair of these phones from focalprice.com. The total with shipping was only $19.82! I feel I can afford to take a risk at this price. I'll let everyone know how they are when they arrive. I've got my fingers crossed...

How would you determine that they're real (especially with regards to driver tuning/sound quality) without owning a 100%-for-sure legit version to compare with?

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #44 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would you determine that they're real (especially with regards to driver tuning/sound quality) without owning a 100%-for-sure legit version to compare with?

In all likelihood, if they are fakes, they won't appear quite as well as the real ones in the pictures. The box and contents will likely be of low quality in appearance also.

Those ones in the pictures look outstanding and look like genuine metal fabrication that used to be seen from the USA during the 30s, 40s, 50s and so forth.

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #45 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In all likelihood, if they are fakes, they won't appear quite as well as the real ones in the pictures. The box and contents will likely be of low quality in appearance also.

Those ones in the pictures look outstanding and look like genuine metal fabrication that used to be seen from the USA during the 30s, 40s, 50s and so forth.

Not entirely true. I have a pair of these and they are simply cheap plastic covered in a grey paint coat. Epithetless has a point, without actually listening to a pair of orginals it would be pretty hard to tell the difference as there's nothing in the build quality or packaging for that matter that exudes quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back