Soundmagic PL-50 Review
Nov 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #198 of 224
As the PL-50 was introduced some three years ago, I am wondering if it is still considered a good buy?  I can purchase one for $30 bundled with an E17 from Micca, and at that price I am sorely tempted.  Currently, I have a Sony MH1C, MEE M11+, MTP Gold and an MD Tribute, so this would be my first BA IEM.  But it is now 2012, almost 2013...  A lot of new IEMs have been introduced since these hit the market.... Are there other budget BA IEMs I should consider?

Thanks!

Jul 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #200 of 224
I have a pair of these, awesome headphones don't have to cost more than $50.
I Especially love the imaging for me it's almost up there with the ba200's.
They compete well with any of my inears... especially for walking etc...

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #201 of 224
I love my Hifiman Re-Zeros, so I like good soundstage, much detail and crisp vocals, I like a warm-neuteral signature. Would these PL-50 suit me?

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #202 of 224
the pl50in comparison is much more mid centric, vocals are wonderful though, so buttery, creamy, good.  trebles pretty good too, bass, well there isnt lots.

id say its worth giving a try, your zero is much more about being acousticaly neutral and faultless.  the pl50 is about creamy buttery mids and sounding beautiful.  its a different flavour.

Jan 2, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #203 of 224
Just bought pl 50 and im little suprised. Sound is ok with lack of bass, realy good mids, but when i turn volume up on my sandisk sansa zip it gets awful distorted, so it has to be very very low volume to hear something. Any suggestion please? Thnx!

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #204 of 224
What the...?!?..I plug pl 50 into little nad c 316bee and no bass at all?? Really?! Connect to my pc laptop very  very very little bad bass. I mean those are BA headphones ok, good mids, but no bass at all?!

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #205 of 224
  What the...?!?..I plug pl 50 into little nad c 316bee and no bass at all?? Really?! Connect to my pc laptop very  very very little bad bass. I mean those are BA headphones ok, good mids, but no bass at all?!

Maybe some background here? What was your previous headphone/IEM? At least we can get a reference point from here on..

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #207 of 224
OK we getting somewhere. Little EQ adjust, precut.......well see. I hope. Maybe some better eartips seal? I mean, pl 50 seems soo good for acoustic music, no need fo EQ, but a quite heavy for rock, metal, pop...Extremly light and comfortable!!! Maybe some other DAP, amp? Maybe my ears are used to vsonic go 02 be. But still dont understand...pl 50 + nad c316bee=absolutly no bass at all?!?!

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #209 of 224
well

BA do bass but they dont move a lot of air so to trick your ear into thikning there is bass in the way your used to feeling from a speaker many IEM's wack up the bass to huge levels.  your ears will be used to hearing/ feeling and it will take you a little time to adjust to the lack of air volume being moved.

that said the PL50 isnt a big bass IEM at all.  its mids though, they are astonishingly good for money.

so changing tips to geeet you good seal is important and maybe a little bass boosting amp would help but they are not bass heavy, nothing will make them so.

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #210 of 224
Thnx, thats reasonable. It might be as my good audiophile friend says : Everything is in mids. So what you would suggest for good seal tips? Seems like I have little bigger ears!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back