Soundmagic PL-50 Review
Jan 5, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #215 of 224
Had my PL50 for over a year now. Bought them for $25 used here in the forums. Probably the best money I've spent in audio.

These have been my main IEM for the past 6 months or so. In the past, I've owned exactly 50 different IEMs and finally settled on the RE-400. I eventually came back around to the PL50 and soon ditched my lovely RE-400, mainly due to me liking the ergonomics/comfort more (prefer over-ear). Although as of late, I've been very determined to find an upgrade, but am worried nothing will match it's fit and comfort. As of now, I'm looking in the direction of Shure's SE lineup, but am seeing mixed reviews regarding the comfort and bulky cable connector. Westone can be an option too, but was very disappointed by the W3 and W4. So now I'm a bit lost. If anyone has suggestions of an IEM that keeps this type of mid-centric sound, while having a comfortable, over-ear fit... please let me know! Until then, may the PL50 rain supreme in my IEM collection.

Also, has anyone attempted to paint IEMs? I think the sparkly blue with red stress relief is horribly ugly.

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #217 of 224
Hi! Still fighting with PL50s! And Im not give up! Had Vsonic sds, good sound, but suddenly left channel stoped working!?! So pulled out PL50s!! Bought Shure olives big tips, but sounded baaad, but good fit and comfort. Best sound comes from PLs supplied big sillicone tips, and make PLs shine, but while walking, they slightly droping out of my ears. Very enoying. So every 20 seconds i have to push them back to my ears. Is there any cheap silicone tips to use with my only headphones left?!?! Sorry on my bad, bad English!!!

Feb 5, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #219 of 224
gosh, im surprised at having problems with the olives, maybe the big ones are much too big for you and so the open nozzle is getting pushed closed.  that might explain why they are sounding bad.  for other tips id be inclined to say, try the other tips form shure but if the olives are giving you problems,  maybe try some comply's?

Sep 9, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #222 of 224
  How do they compare and differ to the E10/50/80 series?

well they are BA.

so mids get more upfront, creamy intimate and right up in your face.  bass, not just a little light but also doesnt move a lot of air like the dynamics will so is a bit a of a shock for some.  still you get vastly improved isolation and the best mids you can get for the money

Feb 7, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #223 of 224
hey i bought these and they are great! but the bass is rattling at normal to higher volumes... thats the only thing that bothers me if i should request new ones from amazon.
is this a production failure do you have that problem too??

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #224 of 224
  hey i bought these and they are great! but the bass is rattling at normal to higher volumes... thats the only thing that bothers me if i should request new ones from amazon.
is this a production failure do you have that problem too??

bass is rattling? have you maybe got a hair or semthing in them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back