SoundMAGIC PL-50 released, received, reviewed!!!
Sep 1, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #241 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by pxl1500 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dealperfect is cheaper, do you know what batch great sounds is selling, the ones with or without the earbud issue?

I've sent them an email today and here is their reply:

Dear customers,
Thank you for your enquiries. We are selling the batch which manufactured at mid-august, which have no problems on the foam tips.

But if you have that issue after purchasing from us, please let us know. We will send you a proper one for replacement.

Regards,
Great-Sounds.com

Seems they got the latest batch from SoundMAGIC, just ordered from them at $60 after this email.

Sep 1, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #242 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by os2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the PL50's are now available to order through mp4nation as well (shipping soon). $57.38 shipped. product page

Thanks for pointing that out, i got my current earphones from there. I just ordered, i used their 10% off coupon a0ab05f936 to get it for $51.64.

I emailed them asking about the tips, hope their batch do not have any issues
confused_face.gif

Sep 2, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #243 of 371
IIRC MP4 nation just got their batch recently, most likely the 3rd and not the problematic 2nd batch.

Sep 3, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #245 of 371
BTW, I also saw ALO Audio selling PL-50 for $55 on their webstore.

Sep 3, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #247 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belabor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't buy from either SoundMAGIC or DealPerfect again if they keep me waiting for much longer.

Product recall and replacement is not magic. They might have said 'a few days' to fix the issue but the reality is probably much more complicated. Even big companies like Sony or Walmart take months to sort through the logistical nightmare on recall and replacement program. The foam tip issue might look small, but if you add on the time for them to change the design, reorder new foam tips from supplier, wait for the supplier to manufactur the foam tips to spec, pack and ship to them, then repack and ship the foam tips out to the dealers - well, 'a few days' are probably not gonna be enough.

Instead of pushing DealPerfect on this issue, it will be more effective to contact SoundMAGIC directly (email is listed on their website). DealPerfect is a retailer, they are not making any money on handling replacement. They certainly won't feel obligated to fix what essentially is another company's problem.

Sep 3, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #248 of 371
Hi, Guys.

Sorry for the trouble caused for the broken tips. We did send some tips to our distributors/dealers for exchange purpose. It seems that some still not yet get the right tips. Please send the email to me, sound.magic.michael@gmail.com. Tell me the following:

1) which tips were broken.
2) where you bought from, have you contacted the seller for the tips replacement?

Thank you and then we can arrange accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your supports & sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #250 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Product recall and replacement is not magic. They might have said 'a few days' to fix the issue but the reality is probably much more complicated. Even big companies like Sony or Walmart take months to sort through the logistical nightmare on recall and replacement program. The foam tip issue might look small, but if you add on the time for them to change the design, reorder new foam tips from supplier, wait for the supplier to manufactur the foam tips to spec, pack and ship to them, then repack and ship the foam tips out to the dealers - well, 'a few days' are probably not gonna be enough.

Instead of pushing DealPerfect on this issue, it will be more effective to contact SoundMAGIC directly (email is listed on their website). DealPerfect is a retailer, they are not making any money on handling replacement. They certainly won't feel obligated to fix what essentially is another company's problem.

I've edited my post. I just came out of school and was in a bad mood, so I had to get rid of my frustration. It wasn't very nice of me to blaim either SoundMAGIC or DealPerfect. I know they have more on their mind than our problems and are doing the best they can. My apologies.

Sep 27, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #251 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the review. Wow, UK pricing is a real big turn off - then again, everything is expensive there so that shouldn't a surprise.

I'm guessing that LFC_SL used the £ symbol because he's keyboard doesn't have the $ symbol, do you really think someone would pay £50 for a pair of PL50's
wink_face.gif

Sep 27, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #252 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by jm50 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing that LFC_SL used the £ symbol because he's keyboard doesn't have the $ symbol, do you really think someone would pay £50 for a pair of PL50's
wink_face.gif

Actually, I think HiFI Headphone is selling them for £55 in U.K.
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #255 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they are still worth it but hell much more sense to order from the far east

Hifiheadphones.co.uk should offer way faster delivery and replacement in no time if it happens they split/broke. this especially if you live close to him. You will get better service for that extra payment but IMO no I would not really pay that much overprice for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back