Soundmagic PL-21 Discountined?
Jul 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

buffheman

New Head-Fier
I've been using the PL-21 for like 6 months now as my primary means of listening.  I've actually doubled them as running headphones, which has been a pleasant surprise, as I've been struggling with filling that niche forever.  I guess you could argue you shouldn't run with IEMs but whatever... these are so light and fit so well on me with the smallest single flange they ship with, and the sound isolation isn't so extreme to be dangerous.

Anyway, I went to order a few more pairs but can't find them anymore.  I did find a pair of PL-30 on amazon that I ordered... I'm not a huge fan of the PL-21 sound (a little muddy on the bass for my tastes), so I'm hoping the PL-30 will serve as a more balanced sound for office listening (used to have a pair of Shure e4c, that sound is right up my alley, thought I don't expect to replicate it in the Soundmagic price range).

But I love these PL-21 for running and want some more.  Are they discontinued?  Any other recommendations for very light and comfortable IEMs or clips or buds or whatever that might serve well for running?  The cable guide and clip on the PL-21 are also big factors in running comfort.  Maybe this pair will last forever, but that seems unlikely, with the hardships I put them through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back