Soundmagic HP1000 Support and Discussion Thread
Aug 12, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #31 of 47
Random thoughts from my experience with these cans last year:
- great soundstage: width on par with Elegia, but better depth e height; more 3D; very good layering; but overall sounds a bit artificial
- too much highs and lows in the FR --> degraded instruments' timbre accuracy; a bit unnatural
- forward famale vocals, too much
- upper mids/lower treble emphasis, fatiguing; hearing is a bit muffled when I take them off after a couple of hours (listening at moderate levels)
- sometimes there is a sort of faint decay in the upper treble, like mosquitos, "zeeeeng"; really subtle, but audible
Returned.

Big sad, but I kinda agree, those things seem to be true for me too. I don't know if I conveyed them well enough in the video, but reading those facts, this is kinda true, the upper idrange is really hot

Mar 4, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #32 of 47
I had a long conversation with a fan over messages, and figured together that the sound of HP1000 can be quite hard at first, but after a while, it settles in!

In the meanwhile, I also finished my full in-depth written review about them, and I invite you to take a look :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/03/soundmagic-hp1000-dynamic-headphones-brightest-ideas.html

Soundmagic-HP1000-Dynamic-Headphones-Flagship-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-08.jpg

Mar 5, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #33 of 47
I had a long conversation with a fan over messages, and figured together that the sound of HP1000 can be quite hard at first, but after a while, it settles in!

In the meanwhile, I also finished my full in-depth written review about them, and I invite you to take a look :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/03/soundmagic-hp1000-dynamic-headphones-brightest-ideas.html

Soundmagic-HP1000-Dynamic-Headphones-Flagship-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-08.jpg
Your impressions mostly resemble mine, they sure are great aren't they :) Sadly my HP1000 developed a rattle in the right driver, mostly unnoticeable while sitting still but while walking around theres some heavy distortion going on. Tried to send them to Soundmagic for repair but DHL retoured my package after 8 months waiting: it's near impossible to ship them to Soundmagic...

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #34 of 47
Your impressions mostly resemble mine, they sure are great aren't they :) Sadly my HP1000 developed a rattle in the right driver, mostly unnoticeable while sitting still but while walking around theres some heavy distortion going on. Tried to send them to Soundmagic for repair but DHL retoured my package after 8 months waiting: it's near impossible to ship them to Soundmagic...

Woah, you could ask them again, maybe they can find a solution...

Nov 19, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #35 of 47
Hello, i've tried akg k550, creative aurvana live, hyperX cloud 2, senn game zero, beyerdynamic custom game, 1more h1707 with too short soundstage in games, or if I could pin point footsteps and bullets, sound was sometimes muffled or boomy (like h1707), in music too bright and fatiguing, or too boomy, or dull/weak, and I don't use them for music anymore. As this audio hobby is kicking in further I started look at another closed back as a backup, non-fatiguing, not too sparkly in music, not boomy, where after taking cans off after hours hearing feels off, with good soundstage and imaging for games. I saw akg361 for 84.00~, hp151, hp1000 for 168.00 each, can they be better than headphones i mentioned before?

PS, On blackfriday hp1000 will cost 149.00 , lol , worth getting for collection?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #37 of 47
Anyone spent a long time with this headphone can tell if it gets better with time?

Have you tested it with new Mesh/velours pads?
Ive had mine for a year and i can confirm and that some of initial criticism mentioned here applies. They lack the out of the box wow factor and they dont grab you right away.
Mine were paired with a neutral source and i wasnt impressed with them so much so that i actually picked up DT 1990s which i immediatly fell in love with.
I decided to keep them for their unique sound signature because on certain recordings they really sounded amazing plus they werent that expensive so i could bite the bullet.
Ive used them occasionally but i stuck mostly to the 1990s throughout the year.

Fast forward to last month where i pulled the trigger on Ifi micro Signature and i have to say what a game changer it was for these.
They get more intimate but not claustrophobic and still retain sufficient soundstage width and depth.
Ifi signature actually fixed some of the initial flaws such as lacking bass reponse or recessed male vocals also surprisingly the sensation of muffled hearing after you take them off went away.
Its sound presentation is more even but with very nice smooth somewhere between musical and analytical plus really amazing bass response that extends quite low with nice body and punch. Detail retrieval improved as well.
I have to admit that recently the 1990s sit on shelf and stick with these because to my surprise they sound better with almost every aspect despite being a closed back.

Few things of note - they can sound harsh and piercing out of the and it takes some time for them to settle in.
Your experience will vary depending on how they sit on your head so you kinda have to learn how to get best sounding experience out of these plus i think based on my limited experience that their dependant on what you pair them with.
In my case they make for extremely pleasant and engaging listen while not being fatiguing over long time period.
I think they are at least worth at least test drive for the price they retail if you have possibility of returning them in case theyre not up to your taste.
Hope this helps.

Jan 25, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #38 of 47
I was looking at a review, I found this image of the internal drive, it is very similar to the Denon AH-D9200 drive for sale on aliexpress, for DIY work.

They say that the drive has better treble, bass etc typical sound of the Denon line, is it worth a diy experimentation?

It seems glo so simple and cheap to make with no apparent risks and good possibility to improve this phone even more.

Does anyone cheer? 64usd

SoundMagic_HP1000_ONmag_18.jpg
som-superior-53mm-nanofibra-borda-livre-24-ohm-diy-fone-de-ouvido-unidade-alto-falante-para-denon-ah-d9200.jpg

Mar 5, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #40 of 47
yes the chinese denon replica driver has lots of bass, sub bass and no bleed into mids
and thay have consistent build quality to them
the highs have some sharpness in some areas
works great with unbalanced applications

Where can you find the replacement driver?

I would be curious to experiment, since it has a similar price to the original Denon drivers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back