SoundMagic HP100 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Sep 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Santana Eternal

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

My friend recently ran over my Sennheiser HD201 with a shopping cart, and I've been digging around for some affordable but high quality over/around-the-ear headphones.
These are currently the two contenders that I'm having trouble choosing from, since I've read many positive reviews for both.
So, if you'd care to recommend me which one to take, I'll be happy.
My preferences are, in order from high to low:

Sound Quality and frequency balance

Minimum background noise interference

Comfort

Build Quality

Price

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #2 of 10
Before I recommend can you list your music taste?

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #3 of 10
Every genre of Rock from Classic Rock like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and the likes to extreme Death Metal and Deathcore (e.g. Cannibal Corpse, Death, Suicide Silence, Make Them Suffer).
I also listen to Jazz, stuff from the mid 40s and onwards.

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #4 of 10
Every genre of Rock from Classic Rock like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and the likes to extreme Death Metal and Deathcore (e.g. Cannibal Corpse, Death, Suicide Silence, Make Them Suffer).
I also listen to Jazz, stuff from the mid 40s and onwards.

Sep 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 10
Soundmagic HP100
AKG K550

Both of these are excellent for your taste. Built good and are comfortable for long listening sessions.

Sep 30, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #7 of 10
It's decent, On buses and trains it did the job.

Sep 30, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #8 of 10
Ok very last, question sorry for this. To what degree, if any, do these headphones leak out sound? 
(I've stood next to people with Beats and the flipping thing just blasts out everything, I swear I could hear their music better than them)

Sep 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #9 of 10
 it's fine :) They will leak at high volumes, I have never owned a or heard a headphone that doesn't leak at least a bit. You will be fine it wouldn't be bothersome. The best headphones I have had for not leaking are the shure SRH440 but the HP100 are decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back